FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it was just a matter of time. I made a birthday music video for my sister and the "The YouTube Content Identification Team" has marked the music owned by Univrsal Musik Grp :D

Your video "_________________" is still available because U M G does not object to this content appearing on YouTube at this time. As long as U M G has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

U M G claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification program. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video / audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.
This video is even set to private and was still tagged. I don't even make text references to the the music so they must be using that fancy sound ID technology matching wingdings. Oh well....I guess I should expect my other videos to get tagged eventually. Hopefully, they won't ask me to take it down.....especially my FJC vids.

I'm not complaining. It would be hypocritical for me to complain. If my photography was used without my permission, I'd be pissed. This is the only thing about making vids....I usually feel I need music to make it interesting. I'll have to figure something else out in the future. Silent films??

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeshua said:
Thanks for that (bookmarked). I'll need to reread it a few more times cuz the language is way above my LAUSD English training :D

Eugenia Loli is very knowledgeable and pretty receptive. She is the one that found my SnT vid on youTube and suggested that I move it to Vimeo.

Jees....I hope I'm not asked to pull down the other vids :(

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm with you I didn't understand all of what was said in her blog but I know it was good info even if I didn't get it all.

I believe youtube is working with some companys to try and reduce some pirating of TV, movies and music so depending on who the artist you are using in your videos is signed with will determine what youtube tags. Vimeo is a whole diffrent animal and I don't for see Vimeo doing this same thing since it doesn't get anywhere near the traffic youtube does.

When I have more free time I want to look into the CC music sites a little more and see what kind of free music there is that can be used legally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts