FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this thread is long overdue. Please post up your favorite SNL commercials. This might have to be completed utilizing Wikipedia's List of SNL Commercials as due to copyright laws, you may not find the actual video on the Internet. Here are some of my favorites:

Big Red - a toy Viking figure that spins around, spraying red liquid from of the horns of a stereotypical Viking helmet (absurdist parody of 'water sprinkler' type toys). Furthermore, the liquid is revealed to be hazardous as evidenced by the thick utility gloves included in the package included to clean up the resulting mess from the toy.

Crystal Gravy - parody of the clear cola craze, specifically Crystal Pepsi commercials. Julia Sweeney enjoys a drumstick dipped in gravy straight from the jar, while Kevin Nealon gleefully washes his face in the clear, gooey liquid.

Colon Blow - parody of high fiber cereals (notably Total), a man (Phil Hartman) is told he'd need 30,000 bowls of his usual cereal to get the fiber of a single bowl of Colon Blow. Also available is Super Colon Blow, fiber content equal to that of 2.5 million bowls of the man's regular cereal. Each time a number is quoted, a pyramid of the same number of bowls appears under the man, rocketing him into the sky.

Turlington's Lower Back Tattoo Remover - A product that, "when applied once, every hour, for 72 straight hours," slowly burns away unwanted lower back tattoos. "That tingling means it's working!" Tagline: "Because it won't be cool forever..."

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Woomba - a self-operating electronic feminine hygiene product that knows when women should use it, whether they want to or not, a parody of the Roomba automatic vacuum system.
http://www.videovat.com/videos/1144/woomba-female-hygiene.aspx

Uncle Jemima's Pure Mash Liquor - (Tracy Morgan & Tim Meadows) A subtle barb at products that perpetuate racial stereotypes, specifically Aunt Jemima, and also referencing Uncle Remus as shown in Disney's animated film Song of the South.
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/uncle-jemimas-pure-mash-liqour/619798216

That's Not Yogurt - (Victoria Jackson and Kevin Nealon) Spoof of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter". After eating, couple becomes very concerned about what the mysterious product actually IS, but coy announcer won't tell them. From the makers of "Those Aren't Olives".

That's Not Yogurt

Husband.....Kevin Nealon
Wife.....Julia Sweeney

Husband: [ eating a cup of yogurt ] Mmm. Honey, this is great yogurt.

Wife: That's Not Yogurt.

Husband: Not yogurt? Come on, it sure tastes like yogurt.

Wife: That's Not Yogurt.

Husband: No. Come on, taste it. Mmm.. Not yogurt?

Wife: No, Honey, look.. [ holds up container ] That's Not Yogurt.

Husband: [ puzzled ] Hmm.. Then, what is it?

Announcer: I'll tell you one thing - That's Not Yogurt!

Husband: Well, if it isn't yogurt, then what did I just swallow?

Announcer: Wouldn't you like to know!

Husband: Yeah. I would.

Announcer: Well.. That's Not Yogurt!

Husband: Look, I understand that. But what is it? Is it, like, some sort of sour cream? Is it, like, buttermilk? Cottage Cheese?

Announcer: That's Not Yogurt!

Wife: No, seriously.. my husband is allergic to certain kinds of food.. so he really sort of needs to know exactly what it is.

Announcer: Sorry. But all we can tell you is - That's Not Yogurt!

Husband: Look, I have a right to know what I just ate!

Announcer: It drives people crazy, trying to figure out the secret to the great That's Not Yogurt taste. It's smooth, thick, and creamy.. with a perfect mix of sweet and sour, just like real yogurt. Only, That's Not Yogurt!

Husband: Alright, come on.. what is it?

Announcer: Actually.. it is yogurt.

Husband: [ joyful ] Really.

Announcer: No. That's Not Yogurt! That's Not Yogurt! You'll swear you're eating yogurt, but you're not. It's something else.

Female Voiceover: From the makers of Those Aren't Olives.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts