FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 fj cruiser, 60k mileage, manual transmission with rear lock differential, DO upgraded bumper, aftermarket side steps, 4x4 lab rear bumper, icon suspension in the front not sure what is in the rear. The interior condition isnt too bad but the exterior has minor scratch everywhere but detailing should buff most of it out. By the way it look i can say that the last owner took it off roading a lot. The dealership took it in from a trade in for 16k and after all the doc fee and every they're asking for about 21k. I have a family member that's a mechanic there and they gave the employee pricing of 18.5k. Now here's the million dollar question. Is it worth it for me to get it or am I in over my head? Please chime in and tell me. Im really thinking about getting it....

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
2007 fj cruiser, 60k mileage, manual transmission with rear lock differential, DO upgraded bumper, aftermarket side steps, 4x4 lab rear bumper, icon suspension in the front not sure what is in the rear. The interior condition isnt too bad but the exterior has minor scratch everywhere but detailing should buff most of it out. By the way it look i can say that the last owner took it off roading a lot. The dealership took it in from a trade in for 16k and after all the doc fee and every they're asking for about 21k. I have a family member that's a mechanic there and they gave the employee pricing of 18.5k. Now here's the million dollar question. Is it worth it for me to get it or am I in over my head? Please chime in and tell me. Im really thinking about getting it....
Look underneath. Take pictures. Post here.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Inner fender rips, pictures near where the hood support struts mount in the engine bay

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts
Haha ohhhh dang thanks
Ya know... The FJ- along with Jeeps, WRX's, etc, are some of the cars that I'd be very weary of buying one used, let alone used and modified. For example, I'd run far away from my rig if I was a buyer haha. But there are outliers to my theory... BigDouggieDoug's is a solid exception

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
thats been through two owners but the second owner didnt wheel much

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your reply. I did check and it is "Dapitbull" old rig. The license plate is exactly the same haha.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
He was from Norcal and didn't mod/wheel it much, maybe a few Pismo trips but that was it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts