FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been eying the FJ since it came out. Absolutely LOVE it. Only recently have I been actually seriously considering getting one (as I loved the idea of having a paid off vehicle, but its started to have some issues, and I think its just time for a change). So, only recently have I started scouring the internet for local deals. I had no idea they cost so much, even for a used one! I'll give it that I am in Alaska, and things are generally more expensive here, but sheesh! A 2008 has been spotted at over $20,000. I need to hear about these things. Are they awesome, kick ass, reliable, never fail you vehicles? Built with the utmost quality and care? Because I don't think I ever planned to pay that much for a used vehicle. But if I knew they are excellent vehicles that have a great track record of running fantastically even at that age, then for that price, its worth it. If people can just give me some info, I'd greatly appreciate it! I can get a nice vehicle for almost half the price as a 2008, so I need to know whats up. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
It is known that an FJ has an excellent resale value so expect to pay premium price unless you can find one in the lower 48 with high mileage on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I`ve had mine for 7 yrs. Its taken me places I never thought I could drive. Its been very reliable and I believe if you keep it maintained it will last a damn long time. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome! I live south of anchorage on the kenai, I just bought an FJC 3 months ago from Kendall (08 65k miles) and I am extremely impressed. I have always been a toyota junky and have a 1/2 a dozen older ones (78 fj40, 79 hilux, 80 4x4 shortbed, 83 4x4 longbed, 92 4x4 standard cab) and I was tired of driving them in the freezing cold. I am looking forward to this winter to see how well it does. I'm my opinion there is no better choice then to go toyota, like previously mentioned, if you maintain it, it will last a life time.

My 2¢

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Most Toyotas have an awesome resale with great reliablity. That's what brought me full circle. This is my first IFS 4x4. Not a big fan, but only now am I changing out my CV half shafts 2007. Buy one, their the sh!t. Get the locker and the front brake bias thing as options.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Did you guys notice this guy asked this question in Aug 2013 ? :)
Lol. I was about to brag too. Yota is da business. Proves it every time. Jeepers frowning on my fj today.lol I dropped those bomb on em. When the Jeeps become IFS in next couple of years. There will be absolutely no reason to buy one.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Fake jeep. Sike. That's what those flippers and flopped say.
Saw a couple of busted real piece of crap ones yesterday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts