FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year and four months of happy FJ Cruiser ownership, a rock finally found my windshield, right below
the center windshield wiper. Why couldn't the rock hit the wiper arm, jeez!!!

I'd appreciate any fellow owners in Orange County recommending an auto glass company that replaced their windshield and did a good job. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I had one punch my windshield in Mammonth :mad: You can get a repair kit at Napa auto. Its about 13 bucks ::)I've herd the windshield isn't cheap ;)!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
$1000 bucks from the dealer

I'm on my second cracked windshield!

first a small rock on the freeway then cracked all the way accross when i turned on the defrost

never broken while offroad!

I will only go to the dealer, have heard way to many bad stories about independent companies and FJ's

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I use these guys for all my vehicles. they have real good prices and they will come to you wherever you are. Orange Glass 1-800-358-0318 hope this helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Windshield finally took a hit!! Follow Up

I've had good luck with David at Tustin Totota so I had them install a new windshield, "actually an outside glass installer did the install"
They charged $400.00 installed. Everthing looks good so far after getting it back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Biggkid,

Interesting that you would get a different quote. Did you talk to a service advisor or the parts dept.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts