FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do to pay for mods?

I consult with big companies doing business in Asia. I know, how boring -- but it leaves me time to play with the Scorpion.

I'm proud to be a semi-professional FJ bum (though I think the politically correct term is hobo).

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
We own a printshop and I am also a graphic designer by profession and hobby. Pays the bills :)

*Shameless Plug*

Let me know if anyone needs a designer :)

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
mattmainster said:
We own a printshop and I am also a graphic designer by profession and hobby. Pays the bills :)

*Shameless Plug*

Let me know if anyone needs a designer :)
I work there too
We work together, Live together and offroad together...most of the time ;D

·
Registered
319 Posts
You guys are sick. haha, just kidding. I'll be working with Arien too when the buildings start going up and they need a secretary. :) And we go to school together and live together and go to Matt and Brittany's together. haha.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
I work my ass cleaning up other peoples messes, I also i get paid crap for doing it.

But the only reason it was possible to afford the FJ is because my dad took all my saved money when i was about 13 and put it in these 'time accounts' and the interest made me a rich bum.

G

·
Mods? I can't afford them. I have to wait until someone uses the poo out of their parts, takes them off, then I go dumpster diving to get the used parts. Seriously. I work for the lowest paid agency on so cal. That's a fact. And with the wifey not working (laid off), things are VERY tight....

Anyone hiring that works, say, in the entertainment industry? :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
IMachU said:
Mods? I can't afford them. I have to wait until someone uses the poo out of their parts, takes them off, then I go dumpster diving to get the used parts. Seriously. I work for the lowest paid agency on so cal. That's a fact. And with the wifey not working (laid off), things are VERY tight....

Anyone hiring that works, say, in the entertainment industry? :D :D :D
Hmmmm....been privy to see what happens behind the scenes on a Huge budget feature film..... ;D

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Public servant and pushing a pencil. ImachU, maybe time for a new agency? after the latest contract negotiations, some OC agencies are highest paid in the state.

G

·
I have 2 apps out to lateral. They just take too danged long!! I'm a sergeant, too....I'd give up the stripes to get good pay/bennies after 18 years in this crappy department!!

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
mtnkraut said:
Public servant and pushing a pencil. ImachU, maybe time for a new agency? after the latest contract negotiations, some OC agencies are highest paid in the state.
exactly why i'll be trying for irvine when i'm done with school.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
mtnkraut said:
good choice. growing fast
My dad was there for 25 years and made officer of the year. so i hope that will help me out a bit.

Second choice would be Costa Mesa..

But, we'll see, lol.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I work for a pharmaceutical company in Orange County by day and I am a freelance designer (Product Designer) the rest of the day. Another plug by another designer. Anyone need some help designing (not graphic though, that's all Matt) anything? I design products, packaging, trade show exhibits, even concept cars (none of which ever saw the light of day, concept cars that is. only school folk saw them). Let me know! ;D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts