FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to learn how to weld.

Any suggestions on where to go? I've looked at a lot of the local colleges, but not seeing anything. I'd prefer it be in the OC.

If someone here has the skill and wants to show me, I'd take that too. I'm not concerned about the type or anything like that yet. I assume I'll start with steel, and probably stick welding, but I want to learn everything eventually.
 

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
When you want to weld something that looks like piles of bird droppings barely securing the two pieces together, I'll teach you. Just PM me. I have a Lincoln Pro Mig 135 and just bought more wire for it so I hope what you want to weld doesn't have any relative thickness to it cuz I have a hard time getting penetration with aluminum foil, Reynolds Heavy Duty that is. lol

Seriously, I'd also like to learn and I have the above welder which works well for 24 guage through 1/4 in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
I have some welding skills. If either of you would like to come to my shop for a Saturday morning, I can get you up on mig welding. I have a high end welder. Mig is like coloring, very easy, but very strong. It is very easy to do and learn. Let me know if either of you are interested.
 

·
Deutschbag Moderator
Joined
·
7,394 Posts
skersfan said:
I have some welding skills. If either of you would like to come to my shop for a Saturday morning, I can get you up on mig welding. I have a high end welder. Mig is like coloring, very easy, but very strong. It is very easy to do and learn. Let me know if either of you are interested.
If you make offers like that, your gonna have the whole troop outside your shop. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skersfan said:
I have some welding skills. If either of you would like to come to my shop for a Saturday morning, I can get you up on mig welding. I have a high end welder. Mig is like coloring, very easy, but very strong. It is very easy to do and learn. Let me know if either of you are interested.
Absolutely! This would be awesome!

What city is the shop in? Morning, afternoon, or all day? Saturdays are tight with runs, wife, and kids, but I'll see what days I have available, and try to match it up with a time that you have open as well. I'll get back to you.

Thanks Skersfan!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mtnkraut said:
If you make offers like that, your gonna have the whole troop outside your shop. ;D

True... maybe this is his Tam Sawyer fence painting trick.... We'll all be welding up trailers and such while he kicks back and drinks lemonade. :)

I'm down for it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
I have been figured out.

You guys get a date that works for you and I will make it work.

I will be out of town the month of October, but any other is fine.

Just let me know.
 

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
Joined
·
11,488 Posts
Hey if Bob wants to teach us i`ll weld a trailer for him. I have been looking at wire feed welders at Home Depot just to scared to buy one since I don`t know what i`m doing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
CADavebert said:
I want to learn how to weld.

Any suggestions on where to go? I've looked at a lot of the local colleges, but not seeing anything. I'd prefer it be in the OC.

If someone here has the skill and wants to show me, I'd take that too. I'm not concerned about the type or anything like that yet. I assume I'll start with steel, and probably stick welding, but I want to learn everything eventually.
I would be willing to teach a few things during one of my projects. I've been fabricating almost everything on my car, and have a few more to go before I'm done. Next on the line is some rear lower link mount sliders. I plan on welding them the the frame.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top