FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is my set up, My 08 FJ came with the coil over Bilstein Front leveling shock (The guy that sold me the FJ had it installed)
So FJ got lift of about 2.5 inch in front....
To me it kind of look a little bit more tall front than rear now because of it, considering I don't want to go and adjust the height in front (Dont want to go lower) I decide to give it just a little bit of lift on the rear....
Saw the SPACER 2.5" Lift kit from Daystar, it says spacer front is 2.5inch and rear is 1.5inch
SO I AM THINKING to get this kit and ONLY use the rear spacer (1.5 inch)...

Think it will be simple enough, cheap and for the moment give me what I am looking for which is just a little lift on rear..
What do you think, should it work without compromising anything ?? Meaning I will not feel mayor change on handling or anything else ?? ALSO, would I need to change the shocks in the rear ???

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Re: Want to lft REAR only....

if you have the bilsteins in the back, i recommend just getting some lift springs, spacers are a no no

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure rear shocks are stock but I will make sure, If they are stock then you recomend I get Bilsteins for the back ??
Then just add springs ?? How much lift would this give to the rear ??

Thanks.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so basically Spacer IS OUT !!!! SPRING is IN !! as the best way to go for now....
FunJunkie, put a pic of your FJ to check it out please, OME medium , how is ride quality City-Highway ???
How about the Downey spring mtnkraut? do I just ask for it like that or does it also come as in medium or ??? How's ride quality ??

Sorry for so many questions, this are my future plans (I'll just wait for this freaking economic crisis to go away, I hope...)
1) For now just the small lift on the rear.....
2) 3 inch Lift
3) 6 inch Lift (And maybe I'll just skip point 2 and go with this ????)

In the end and to be honest I am a hardcore off roader BUT do it with my 2000 TJ Wrangler Jeep (9 inch Lift, 37 Swampers and all the extra goodies).
What I look for in my FJ is daily drive with moderate off roading, still would not mind making it look really beefy with a 3 or 6inch lift later on JUST FOR THE LOOKS, still would worry A LOT on city & Hwy handling....

Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FunJunkie, I saw your FJ pictures on the Show yourself post's....
I am guessing that is your current set up now ?
What you got ??? 3inch 33inch tires maybe ?
Tell me more about it, it looks great !!!! Detail, detail please... I promise NOT to CopyCat ;D

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
DanyboyFJ said:
FunJunkie, I saw your FJ pictures on the Show yourself post's....
I am guessing that is your current set up now ?
What you got ??? 3inch 33inch tires maybe ?
Tell me more about it, it looks great !!!! Detail, detail please... I promise NOT to CopyCat ;D
OME medium rear springs but now I am running the Icon rear shocks instead of the stock, front i got toytec ajustables. tires are 33 mickey thompson baja claws. Don't worry about copying, this isnt a graded test. ;D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys, will determine for now to go either with the OME or Douglas rear spring....
Later on.....Who knows ???? ::)

Late.

·
Registered
239 Posts
buy the spacer kit and i will buy the fronts off of u

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D LOL, don't think I will go with the spacer's !!!!

Here are pictures of My FJ, as you can see what I mean by having the rear a little bit lower than the front............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts