FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, one more question... I was talking to my cousin the other day and he mentioned a neat-o little contraption to me. He was talking about valve stem caps that air down your tires. Apparently they can be gotten for different pressures. Anybody ever heard of these and where can I get them? Dave... You out there buddy??

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
FYI those valve cap deflaters are not very dependable. We used them a lot for desert and have had a few fail and end up with flat tire. I wouldn't recommend driving with them on. 4wheel parts sells another one that has a psi gauge and allows you to remove the valve and deflate to disired psi. We have to deflate 8 tires and it works pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
ojedaxx said:
FYI those valve cap deflaters are not very dependable. We used them a lot for desert and have had a few fail and end up with flat tire. I wouldn't recommend driving with them on. 4wheel parts sells another one that has a psi gauge and allows you to remove the valve and deflate to disired psi. We have to deflate 8 tires and it works pretty fast.
I'd have to disagree with that. I think that the Stauns are very reliable, as long as they are set up right from the beginning.
I have mine set to 18 psi and they are thread-locked in place. I have yet to have any issues with them. Most of the mixed reviews on the Stauns that you read, are from owners that do not have them set properly.

The other deflator that you mentioned is another good option though.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
mattmainster said:
I'd have to disagree with that. I think that the Stauns are very reliable, as long as they are set up right from the beginning.
I have mine set to 18 psi and they are thread-locked in place. I have yet to have any issues with them. Most of the mixed reviews on the Stauns that you read, are from owners that do not have them set properly.

The other deflator that you mentioned is another good option though.
I have not read any reviews just personal experience. We go to Pismo and Glamis a lot and need to air down our trucks and trailers so we do use them often. I am sure the sand has a lot to do with the the stauns failing on me, so I had to find a better system that worked for me.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
I just checked out the staun deflaters and they look different then the set I use to have. They look like they would b more reliable. Was going to buy a set but the boss was with me and she said no. LOL going to have to go back tomorrow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.