FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, one more question... I was talking to my cousin the other day and he mentioned a neat-o little contraption to me. He was talking about valve stem caps that air down your tires. Apparently they can be gotten for different pressures. Anybody ever heard of these and where can I get them? Dave... You out there buddy??

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Staun deflators. At $60 or so for the set, not cheap. But you can set them for whatever PSI you want and deflate all 4 tires at once. There are other brands out there too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Lord... Sixty bones for a set!? :eek: I just need one, Im a patient guy. I guess I'll stick to a tire guage... :-\

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I use my ignition key to deflate the tires....it's fast, but it can get cold (or hot, depending on the time of year) on the fingers! ;D

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I bought a set of these for like $48.00 it is the best money I have ever spent. No more killing my back or knees while deflating.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
ojedaxx said:
FYI those valve cap deflaters are not very dependable. We used them a lot for desert and have had a few fail and end up with flat tire. I wouldn't recommend driving with them on. 4wheel parts sells another one that has a psi gauge and allows you to remove the valve and deflate to disired psi. We have to deflate 8 tires and it works pretty fast.
I'd have to disagree with that. I think that the Stauns are very reliable, as long as they are set up right from the beginning.
I have mine set to 18 psi and they are thread-locked in place. I have yet to have any issues with them. Most of the mixed reviews on the Stauns that you read, are from owners that do not have them set properly.

The other deflator that you mentioned is another good option though.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
mattmainster said:
I'd have to disagree with that. I think that the Stauns are very reliable, as long as they are set up right from the beginning.
I have mine set to 18 psi and they are thread-locked in place. I have yet to have any issues with them. Most of the mixed reviews on the Stauns that you read, are from owners that do not have them set properly.

The other deflator that you mentioned is another good option though.
I have not read any reviews just personal experience. We go to Pismo and Glamis a lot and need to air down our trucks and trailers so we do use them often. I am sure the sand has a lot to do with the the stauns failing on me, so I had to find a better system that worked for me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,260 Posts

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
My stauns are the bomb. I use them all the time and they never let me down. They air down in like 2-3 minutes. I have mine set at 22lbs and they are very accurate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts