FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out this morning up at wildomar, having a great 'ol time. Conditions were perfect, ground slightly damp, with no dust. Brough a couple friends with me, showing off the area.

Left around noon for North Main Divide. About a quarter mile from the peak of Saddleback, ran into a groupe of people huddled around the edge of a cliff looking down... Poor guy in a Ford Explorer explored a little to hard. Took a turn and ran straight off the edge.

Towtruck arrived, driver wouldnt go down to hook up the cables. I volenteered to do the danger work... Climbed down the hill with axe in hand, cleared a few trees, freed the car up and hooked up the 't' hooks to the frame and assisted in pulled the vehicle back up onto the road. Four hours later we had the car back up on the road.

Four hours to tedious winching, brush clearing and rock moving. Everyone thankfull and happy, we continued to the top of Saddleback to enjoy the sunset...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
WOW.....it's good to here everyone was ok and also that you were there to help!!I'm surpised the tow truck even went up there. Did the PD show up?I went up earlier in the week and had a blast!!

Ah man .....I can't wait for that rain!!It sure is amazing what we have in OUR backyard!! ;D.......

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
The driver wouldn't go down to his own truck? You should've left him be. Doesn't sound like he cared to have it back.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
that tow bill is going to be disastrous, good man for helping out a stranger in need, we need more offroaders with that kind of mentality

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Bet there is a stain in the drivers seat....Wow....Glad no one was hurt and great job helping someone in need...

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
One thing I learned in the 4x4 survival class yesterday that may shock some folks, If you can safely help a vehicle get back on road easily then do it, but Say a vehicle is on an edge and you pull it and it goes over, guess who is getting the bill. You. Scary stuff, Now I'm strictly talking strangers not freinds in need. But just think if that tow point didn't hold, legally that owner could of sued the tow company and possibly you for being involved in it. I'll still continue to help folks in need, but always guage the demeanor of a person, if they seem like ,Ya Know, then mabey call someone for help for them instead of doing it yourself.
Reminds me Of the Quad that jesua and Arien pulled up the side in Ouray, the guy started blaming them for the damage to it from winching it uphill even though the assbal was on it and launched it off a cliff himself.
Good on Ya thoug J for taking initiative and risk!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was up there on the 11th had some amazing views, I also spotted this guy that wasn't as lucky as the guy you helped out. Not to far from there I also saw what looked like an old bulldozer.
BTW i also saw another blue fj, I waved to the guy and i think he said, "Whats up chief." or something like that. Looked like he might be on the forums had an after market bumper,a roof rack w/ a hi-lift.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Saturday I saw a red truck or car way down the side of the cliff going towards 4 corners but it was so steep and so far down I couldn`t get to it. I wouldn`t have been able tp climb back up. It looked like someone had sprayed gold paint on it like graffitti so i`m assuming they launched it down the side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts