FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just driving normal conditions all of a sudden my Trac off light on and check engine light come on.

image-4119452990.jpg

You can see the pic above. Any possible ideas? Low mileage. Just popped out f no where.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The same happened to me after i changed the gastank-cap for a lockable one. I changed it back to the original cap.
Had to have a garage to reset the ertoe.
Never happened again.

Black FJ

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ay. I guess I have to bring it in. -_- I hate car dealers.. It's probly a FLUX Capacitor!

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Start simple unplug your battery and step on the brake pedal for 10 seconds or so then hook up the battery again. See if the lights stay out. Sometimes the computer just has a hicup and there is actually nothing wrong. I have done this a couple times over the last 7 years and the lights never come back on. If they pop back on then take it in for warrenty work since you only have 4K + miles on the thing :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Start simple unplug your battery and step on the brake pedal for 10 seconds or so then hook up the battery again. See if the lights stay out. Sometimes the computer just has a hicup and there is actually nothing wrong. I have done this a couple times over the last 7 years and the lights never come back on. If they pop back on then take it in for warrenty work since you only have 4K + miles on the thing :)
Yes, forgot to let you all know. I disconnected the battery once I got home and reset the codes. It went away for the time being. THANKS!.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Nice! If the computer just had a hicup they will stay out. If they pop back on then I would use your warrenty to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, forgot to let you all know. I disconnected the battery once I got home and reset the codes. It went away for the time being. THANKS!.
And chances are it will come back. Disconnecting the battery is a temporary fix. If in fact the problem is fixed you need to drive the car for approximately 50 miles and the light will go away. I have changed my mass airflow sensor, fuel tank cap, temperature sensor, air filter, cleaned that charcoal box and the light is on and continue to say error 102, mas. Now I just drive with the warning lights on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts