FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookie what i got. Who wants to help me install them? I have no space, little exerience, and even less usable tools. But i have two somewhat usable hands.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took these to the local tire shop for instalation and they raped me on the cost, IMO. At the shop they showd me a close gap between the collar and the sway bar and said they could not get the sway bar over any further. I took it to Glamis through some whoops and the collar is rubbing on the sawybar off road and is grininding aluminum off of the sway bar. Time to call Toytec for a solution.

·
Registered
287 Posts
when i got my donohoe(icon) coilover they provided a swaybar spacer so they dont rub... you should try looking into those if toytec doesn't have a solution

scott

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spacers installed, still rubbing. I think i need swaybar collars.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
hans sorry to hear that man, if the swaybar spacers are installed, there should be absolutely no rubbing, either the shop installed it wrong, or the hardware is defect, definitely call up toytec they have impeccable customer service

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
probably, there is no contact on the passenger side. or they where crimped on square.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
ah...if they shifted, then yes they would rub haha, i bought some cheap hose clamps on either side of the stock sway bar mount and mine haven't moved you can try that or you can buy some sway bar clamps from all pro

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
I just bought the All-Pro collars cuz I bents me passenger side link into a C shape when my stock collars slipped. I have had no movement since and just wheeled 3 days in Big Bear including Gold Mountain in the rain/snow/mud. I still have to change my links out, maybe tonight... Get some aftermarket collars. I went with All-Pro but I know there are other makers too.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toytec makes some at $19 for the pair. I am trading e-mails with doug now.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
2 options, You need to crank up the collar about half an inch or get the Allpro links. I was one of the test bunnies when these first came out and I had the EXACT same problem. The collars are a good thing to have but they will not fix the issue, I had the collars before the coilovers as well as the drop brackets. I notified ToyTec and since then they send out the assembled ones pre adjusted. I'll post some pics.
Before

After the 1/2 inch collar adjustment(this was taken with the allpro links but I have since put the stock ones back on with no issues)

Another issue if you have Skids. The drop brackets allow the swaybar to contact the forward skidplate in some flexed situations. I had to put about 3 washers on each front bolt of the skid to give it a bit of clearance. It's hard to see in the pic but there is a rub mark under the corner of the bar.

As for the adjust you will need to lift the truck, both wheels off the ground makes it easiest. Remove the tire and swaybar links and let the swaybar droop. then spray some WD40 on the threads. This will allow you to turn the collar easier and then dry up later so it doesnt slip. If you have access to spring compressors use em, it makes it WAAAY easier to turn them if there is no load. And finally, the big collar stays still and you turn the smaller one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't go any higher because i am stock height in the rear. the boss just reined me in with spending so the collars will have to do for now.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
I'm tellin ya the collars wont do it, What ya see in my pic is from one short run with the collars on and tight. I can however send ya the AllPro links which are already longer than stock and can be adjusted longer if need be. I just keep em as spares. Just give em back in the future when ya do lift. PM me your address.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to glamis last weekend and just went out for a few minutes in my truck. every suspension cycle these things rubbed. Collars are in the mail. gotta ease up on the driving till i get this resolved.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, got some Icon springs for the rear and some TT bilstein shocks. Who wants to help help me install em and adjust the fronts?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
im willing to help hans, but i have little tools too haha, but if you find another helper im down to come help, i have the basic sockets, extensions, and jack stands but no jack. The rears are easy though takes like 30 mins to an hr.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts