FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good news: Parts guys are cool- Brought in a printout from a Texas website and they matched the price! Got a great deal on a TRD CAI in October

The not so good news: My radio started doing strange things at about 34000 miles. Display was screwed up, volume control did not work. Had reported it and documented it while I was living in Seattle. Moved down here and Toyota of San Diego declined to honor the warranty- stated that I was now "out of warranty" since I have 42K on my rig. This despite it being documented in the notes while I WAS under warranty. Total BS

I called Toyota corporate and complained. Took six weeks of bugging them but the regional manager finally approved my claim yesterday. Made an appt to get it swapped out next week. Hope they don't screw with anything else while it is there.

I would go to El Cajon for any other service related items. They were great.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sorry to hear of the hard time they gave you. But these FJammer radios have that same issue...they go all goofy after a while.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I will never go near that dealership. I had a deal set in stone Oct 2009 on a brand new 2010 FJ and an appointment to pick it up and hand over the cash. I called the sales lady to let her know I was on my way and she announced that she sold it the night before for "top pop". And it didn't end there but I'm aware that the dregs of society can usually be found at any dealership in the sales department.:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts