FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I was reading the comments below the article and the people can suck ass. This is the coolest vehical of all times :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Wow, those comments are something else. Why are Jeep fanboys so insecure?

I've only had my FJ for a little more than half a year and it has already seen more off road miles than most Jeeps will ever see (which would be ZERO).

Long live the FJ!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Wow, those comments are something else. Why are Jeep fanboys so insecure?

I've only had my FJ for a little more than half a year and it has already seen more off road miles than most Jeeps will ever see (which would be ZERO).

Long live the FJ!
I don't think question is why Jeep guys are so insecure? You take a stock Rubicon and it will eat up a stock FJC. If you dump 5 grand into a Rubicon and a FJC, the Jeep still eats up a FJC. I'm not guessing at this. If you have doubts you go out with me this fall with my Jeep buddies.
My FJ rides better than a Jeep. I have never been anywhere a Jeep can’t go. I have watched Jeeps go where a FJ will not go. Once done with my repairs I will gladly show you

Reactions: moodywizard

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have no doubt that Jeeps are more capable than FJ's, that's not the point. The point is, they sound like a bunch of insecure wankers with comments like those. I mean, why bash the FJ like that? Comes across as insecurity to me :)

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I agree with sparky on this. All depends on your application (what you want your vehicle to do/go), that being said its always the driver which is the most important part. I believe an fj can go anywhere a jeep can, however the fj will require more work and susceptible to body or chassis damage. Work being winching, maxtrax etc.

If I ever get rid of the fj will be a 4 door wrangler or truck. With another kid on the way that may be where I'm going but I got too much money in it and there's no going back to stock with the stuff I've done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have owned and trailed a jeep and there is no doubt about the capabilities. Down side for me was poor build quality and long term durability, imagine operating and maintaining both vehicles at 200K miles.

The open top for trail visibility is great, dust-not so much, contact lens wearing with the top down was impossible for me.

I still enjoyed it a lot and the FJ sees even more off hwy miles. If I was more of a boulder hound I would probably have a different story.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Straight six 4.0, most reliable motor I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a few GM straight 6 when I was younger,235 and 292. As a dumb snot nosed kid I could not screw them up.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
My FJs engine has been flawless for the 10 yrs I`ve owned it, But another engine I had that never gave me any problems was also a Toyota engine the 4 cyl. 22R. And I didn`t do maint. on it like I do these days :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have owned and trailed a jeep and there is no doubt about the capabilities. Down side for me was poor build quality and long term durability, imagine operating and maintaining both vehicles at 200K miles.

The open top for trail visibility is great, dust-not so much, contact lens wearing with the top down was impossible for me.

I still enjoyed it a lot and the FJ sees even more off hwy miles. If I was more of a boulder hound I would probably have a different story.
I agree.

I was more of a rock crawler early in life. Now, overland is more my style.

This is very generalized, but it's like there are two types of Jeep owners. 1.) Those who buy new and use it only on the street or light off-roading and sell when it starts becoming unreliable as a DD (me), and 2.) Those who buy those same ones used, and by choice or need, must repair them on a regular basis or just take them and turn them into true off-roaders--reliability be damned--and enjoy the heck out of them.

I've never owned a Jeep as long as I've owned my FJ (8 years) and I've been much more adventurous with it than any Jeep, and haven't yet experienced any of the reliability issues experienced with Jeeps. I like Jeeps a lot, and hope their reliability has, or wil, get better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts