FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My husband and I have had a Trail Teams FJ for a good minute now. It’s treated us nicely and we’ve had very few issues. Today, driving on Interstate, we heard something hit the top of the FJ, saw it fall onto the road, and proceed to get crushed by practically every vehicle that was behind us. 😂😭

We’ve contacted the insurance company and are now on the hunt to get this replaced. Has anyone experienced this that could guide us in the right direction? Thanks so much!!
Automotive carrying rack Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ugh.... been there done that, almost wiped a new driver off the highway. In my case we had our windshield replaced by Safelight, and our very first venture to the highway let this thing flying loose like a cannonball on the people behind us. It was not pretty. Safelight stood behind getting another piece, but I'm not sure it was OEM. I haven't tried to pry it up, but I imagine they just spread glue all over it to make it stay in place. In short, if you can actually order the OEM piece and get the OEM clips that is the way to go. I'm happy for you that they just ran over the piece and it didn't land on their car!

TLDR: GET the OEM parts, don't let them go cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts