FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i get some good tips on how to take off the stock fender flares? like what is the easiest way to do this and if i need to take the tires off first.

thanks -Nate:swiss army knife:

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
Odd to post in the forum rules section. LOL

unscrew the screws, flathead screwdriver and needlenose pliers for the plastic rivets(which you will break, pick some up before you do the job to re attach the plastic fender liner) and a razor knife to cut the bottom piece that stays on the lower fender.

·
Registered
774 Posts
It takes longer when you don't have tools. Ok, sorry. It's just a bunch of screws and a few inserts. Blacktank took his off in a few minutes. And, the wheels stayed on, but he has a Icon stage 5 lift.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Kory showing off the brute force of FJ modification you go girl :biggrin:
:biggrin: I unscrewed and got all the clips out (unbroken) from the wheel well area it was just that part hanging there in the picture that baffled me. I didn't want to cut and leave that black piece there but I did want to leave the trim along the bottom and didn't want to risk breaking any of those clips.

I just yanked and pulled and it popped out. Only broke one blue and one orange clip on each side...but I have since painted that area black with bed liner, so it's all good!

No need to remove the wheels. If you have a sawzall because you want to leave that end piece it is a 5 minute job, if you want to yank and break it maybe 7-10 minute job!:cheers:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks everyone for the tips. i just took em off and i like the results =] now im just waitng to get my pre runner bumper =]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.