FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I think its time for a lift kit. I am on a tight budget, let me repeat TIGHT budget. I have one basic goal for this lift kit....Ground clearance thats it. I am not interested necessarily in increasing my suspension travel or trying to turn my FJ into a rock crawler and stuffing 35's under it. I would like about 3" more clearance so I can get further down the trails. What are the suggestions? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Bilstein 5100 up front. Up to 2.5" lift.
I'm 1.75" front stock rear with 39" of clearance from ground to fender in the rear and 38.5 in the front. Billsteins are perfect for me.
Edit: I'm running 265's bfg at/ko with flareless front and rear

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Daystarr 2.5" spacer or Toytec 3" spacer(s) / Daystar 1.5" rear spacer. I don't remember what the front spacer cost. Compare it to the cost of 5100 adj. Front shocks. If you do not have Toyota Bilsteins, I would by the shocks and get the rear spacer. Hope this helps.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,496 Posts
Rough Country 3" spacer lift. You get the spacers. bigger coils and shocks for about $300 look up roughcountry.com. You can probly even get the exact same lift kit off ebay for cheaper. I ran this lift for 5 1/2 years now problem. I still have it for a back up if I ever need it. I don`t think there is a more tight budget than this lift kit and it works great.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I would suggest the Bilstein adjustable front shocks and a set of rears for $300 to level the FJ and fit bigger tires. It uses the stock springs. With this option you can upgrade to Toytec Ultimate lift with front coilovers and Super springs for the rear if and when you think you need more suspension. This is what I'm doing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys my budget is around $600-$750 with install. Does this open up options?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.