FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I am. 7:00pm tonight. Sitting on the sofa. Watching Spongebob with my 6 year old. The dogs for no reason get up and start barking like there is no tomorrow. Then a knock at the door. I thought for sure I was gonna get busted for buying Super Bad from iTunes the day before. So my boy rushes to the door and throws it open faster than you can shake a stick at. and the dogs bolt out the door at the officers. Really not that big of a deal as the dogs run past the cops and pee on the grass. At this point one of the officers holsters his duty weapon. With a sigh of relief. I smile with the all time quote, "is there a problem officer" He replies with I caught my partner trying to steal your car. I said I hope you mean that POS 2006 Highlander Hybrid (wifes car) They laugh at me. One officer asks where did I get my Intense Fab. bumper at? So I walk outside and we start Bs'ing with small talk. One officer states we were responding to a call on the street and his partner saw your rig and wanted to check it out. I asked if he owned an FJ and he replied not yet. He has some jeeps but wants to sell them and get an FJ. He then busted out his cell phone and asked if he can take some pics of my front end. I said no problem. I then asked, "hey, you wanna trade cars for like an hour?" They laughed at me. I said I know a few LEO's with FJ's that are in to doing offroading and trail runs on the week ends. I told him when he gets his FJ to cruise over and we can hang out and hit some trails and I will introduce him to the forum members. Thank God for Westminster PD. Everyone of them I have meet have been really cool.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never saw him pull it out. I was still rolling off the sofa yelling for the dogs. At this point the dogs were sniffing at the grass and flowers out front and all I saw was the officer strapping his gun back down. So I assume his hand was either unhooking it to draw it or he was just playing with it maybe. ;)

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Cool story Ace. So far, I have also had good experiences with Westminster PD. ;) Can you PM me the officers name? I might know him.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
that is awesome, we used to hang out with the some of the cerritos pd, we would have a bbq and they would just stop by and to think i got to know them because i got caught in a skatepark after hours illegally and his patrol car # was 666, cool guys ;D

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
fjessence said:
that is awesome, we used to hang out with the some of the cerritos pd, we would have a bbq and they would just stop by and to think i got to know them because i got caught in a skatepark after hours illegally and his patrol car # was 666, cool guys ;D
Sang, the City of Cerritos uses Los Angeles County Sheriffs Office (LACSO) not a Police Department (PD). Call your buddy's deputies and they'll be more appreciative. ;) I know a few of them, mostly from before there was a Cerritos Sheriffs Station and they used to work out of Lakewood Station. I've partied with several deputies, been on Ride Alongs and even got a Fly Along on one of the LACSO NOTAR helocopters, what a blast that was! They are a fun bunch!

P.S. Skynight used to fly over our house and circle real low, singing Happy Birthday to my roomates son over the loudspeaker.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
that is awesome steve a fly along!! ive been on many ride alongs with them its an awesome feeling to be rolling around in a police cruiser in the front seat ;D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I go back to work on Dec 22. I work Sun-Wed, 1300-2300. Pick a day, and let me know when you wanna go. Remember, I'm the shift supervisor :D You can even meet at my house and we can ride in together. Sundays and Mondays are the best, crime-wise. Last week on Sunday we were REALLY busy. Got a stolen car, identity theft suspect with foot pursuit....yeah, fun!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
FJDave said:
I go back to work on Dec 22. I work Sun-Wed, 1300-2300. Pick a day, and let me know when you wanna go. Remember, I'm the shift supervisor :D You can even meet at my house and we can ride in together. Sundays and Mondays are the best, crime-wise. Last week on Sunday we were REALLY busy. Got a stolen car, identity theft suspect with foot pursuit....yeah, fun!
Dave if I join you can I use the taser and the AR? please!!!!!

For real though I think that would be cool, I will have to PM you when I get some more free time.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Acetechno said:
So there I am. 7:00pm tonight. Sitting on the sofa. Watching Spongebob with my 6 year old. The dogs for no reason get up and start barking like there is no tomorrow. Then a knock at the door. I thought for sure I was gonna get busted for buying Super Bad from iTunes the day before. So my boy rushes to the door and throws it open faster than you can shake a stick at. and the dogs bolt out the door at the officers. Really not that big of a deal as the dogs run past the cops and pee on the grass. At this point one of the officers holsters his duty weapon. With a sigh of relief. I smile with the all time quote, "is there a problem officer" He replies with I caught my partner trying to steal your car. I said I hope you mean that POS 2006 Highlander Hybrid (wifes car) They laugh at me. One officer asks where did I get my Intense Fab. bumper at? So I walk outside and we start Bs'ing with small talk. One officer states we were responding to a call on the street and his partner saw your rig and wanted to check it out. I asked if he owned an FJ and he replied not yet. He has some jeeps but wants to sell them and get an FJ. He then busted out his cell phone and asked if he can take some pics of my front end. I said no problem. I then asked, "hey, you wanna trade cars for like an hour?" They laughed at me. I said I know a few LEO's with FJ's that are in to doing offroading and trail runs on the week ends. I told him when he gets his FJ to cruise over and we can hang out and hit some trails and I will introduce him to the forum members. Thank God for Westminster PD. Everyone of them I have meet have been really cool.
I have two friends that are cops in Westminster, do you remeber there names by any chance?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have two friends that are cops, do you have their names? I see the workings of salesman mind here. Be careful what you pass on to this eveil demello guy, who knows what he is thinking. Late night calls pushing bumpers or something.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts