FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some opinions on a good set up?? I've read the post on the icon kits and you all seem happy with it?? sounds like the best bang for your buck.. I know there are other good coil overs like king,fox, fab tech, but are they worth the price? I hate to buy something and regret my decision. I am not going to go baja style but I am a lil hard on the equitment. what do you guys think? thanks for your help

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you are gonna wheel hard, then Icons are your best bet. I wheel, but do so softly since the FJ is my daily driver as well. I went with the Old Man Emu mediums (3" lift) all the way around, and I am SUPER happy with them.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Kings are worth the price, but they have a softer spring. Sway-A-Ways have the the stiffest spings.

Icon is right in between.

Then comes the differences in valving... Maybe jeshua can help with that part.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ojedaxx...all the products you mentioned are good stuff....just keep in mind the more extreme products usually require rebuilds every couple of years....like FOX. I'm not all that familiar with the Icon's......however my decision was heavily influenced by Doug @ ToyTec. I went with the Bilsteins simply because they were going to give me a "stock like ride and are less inclined to be maintenance prone"....evidently that's what Doug's using on their shop FJ which is running over 30,000 miles. We discussed the Icon's and if I had it to do over again I would have probably put the Icon's on the rear to help with body roll....but I also have plans to add air bags and expect that will resolve that issue for me.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I've been running Donahoe Racing (now Icon Vehicle Dynamics) front 2.5 diameter coil overs and rear shocks for 1.5 years now and there's been no problem with them. They perform well both on-road and off-road, reducing body roll and dampening bounces.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you've got the dough, get the ICONS. I haven't had a problem with them yet after some hard wheeling on fast desert stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts