FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to make a decision as to where to camp. Looks like most everything has availability still, however I want try and camp with a majority of our SoCal crew. We will be pulling an Expedition/ Off road style trailer so I'll leave a fairly small footprint. Where are you camping?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
skersfan said:
I think Frogeye, FJ Ollie and I are at the KOA. Not sure about the other two.
I'm with them as well at the KOA. Ollie also has some relatives that will be staying with him.

I think the KOA will be a little easier with a trailer plus it has showers. The other camp ground (forgot the name) is closer to town and is better looking, but no showers and smaller camp spots from what I saw when i drove though it last year.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm leaning more and more toward KOA. What about the distance from there to town? Oh, and what parts of the campground are you guys at?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I don't know my space yet. I reserved for the big trailer. If Ollie ends up taking the small one we will be int he fifth wheel. If not we might be able to get a couple in that sight. I will try to find out what my loacation is tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You'll like KOA. its about 5 miles north of town, about 5 min. the camp spots aren't to small.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and reserve a spot at the KOA, I just need to know what dates to register for: somebody help!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
mattmainster said:
Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and reserve a spot at the KOA, I just need to know what dates to register for: somebody help!
If you are heading out there with me and the rest in the SoCal Caravan (looks like you are) then you will need to requister for July 15 - 20 (Tuesday - Sunday)

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Josh! I just called, but there is NOTHING available as of right now. The owner is supposed to call me shortly to see what he can do... :-\

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, just talked to the owner:
Me and Dominic are in overflow for the first night, and then getting into a regular spot th next day. Oh well, works for me. Thats what I get for waiting this long.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
mattmainster said:
Ok, just talked to the owner:
Me and Dominic are in overflow for the first night, and then getting into a regular spot th next day. Oh well, works for me. Thats what I get for waiting this long.

Sweet we got in!

Maybe next year i'll do this at least 5 months ahead of time :rofl:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts