FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing some possible dates posted up on the blue room. i've never gone before and i want to go in 2009.
i even went as far as to reserve a room last night for the dates being mentioned.

dates i've seen mentioned: July 15-19th.
i reserved a room at the:
Ouray Chalet Inn
510 Main Street
Po Box 544
Ouray, CO 81427
Phone: (970) 325-4331
http://www.ouraychaletinn.com
this was definately one of the least expensive places. i dont want to camp for 5 days..i dont think.

anyone planning on going?
if you've gone before, where did you stay? do you have any other suggestions on lodging?

lets start discussing Ouray.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
We're gonna be there! Wouldn't miss it for the world!
We'll probably be towing the trailer again and camping at the KOA.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
i'm definitely going to try to make it this year! ;D

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I don't think I'm going this year. We had a good time this past year, but it's just not something I feel compelled to do again.

For anyone that has not gone before, it is definitely a part of the world that needs to be visited. The trails and views are spectacular as well. Don't get caught up in the pre-Summit mod-madness. ;D

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whos involved in making the decisions on dates and locations exactly? wonder why its not announced yet?

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
I say we do a socal summit. at the top of main divide. It will be awesome. where is the smarta$$ smiley?

·
Registered
109 Posts
We are planning on going again. If we can get the camper set up for towing the FJ, we'll be at the KOA. If not, we'll be at the Hot Springs Inn again. It was really nice, on the river, 2 kings in every room for $100 per night. The only down side is that's it's a few minutes away from Summit central, but not as far as the KOA. :)

We plan on spending a few extra days in Ouray and 4-5 days in Moab, either before or after.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I spoke with the Bostonian at the Summit. He felt it would be the same weekend as this years. 15th thru the 19th. I am sure we will hear about it soon.

We will be at the KOA with the trailer. Then a few days in Moab for certain. Quray is beautiful, but the trails are less than challenging. But I would not miss it for any reason. Great views, great trucks and great people, whats not to go for.

Bobo you will love it trust me, it burries Sedona.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I will probably stay at the KOA and sleep in my FJ like I did last time. Unless If I have more money to spend and hopefully a lady friend to come with me. ;D

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
when do you all think they will be making the official posting for dates/location, etc? i'm anxious and even though its 7months out........i'm excited already. i'm not missing this year for anything. i cant freakin wait.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ah SWEET.....I've needed a reason to drive my Fj out to Colorado ;D!! My brother lives in Fort Collins and I have wanted to make that drive for awhile now. Time to put some ink on the calendar. Does anyone have any pics from last year?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
O-MY......O-MY.....I can't wait!! ;DAmazing pics and vids! Thanks for those links FunJunkie ;DSAWEEEET...!!!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
more than a few folks (on the BR) are booking their rooms and the hotel folks are asking, "are you coming for the fj summit?"............my suggestion is that if you are even thinking about going, even though dates have not officially been set..........make a reservation. you can always cancel or change if need be.

i've never been but the last few years there seems to be a shortage of rooms from what i've heard from folks....

book-em danno! :)

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
The summit planner suck! They had to pick dates when I will be on vacation. I'm gonna have to miss another summit :'( Why won't they consult with me before making their decisions. :mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts