FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im thinking of getting the demello round tube sliders, but i wanted to know if I could use the toyota foot steps on them. Or if not the toyota ones then another one. I am thinking of keeping those steps on for the road so its easy for other to get in, and take them off for offroading. Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Well, if you wanna get rid of the steps if you can't use them with your sliders, I could use a set! My wife was griping at me again tonight about no running boards.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry dont have them. Well then this brings me to another point, how are the toyota rock sliders? I have some bling chrome slider right now, that needs to go.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The OEM sliders are actually really strong! And you can use those steps with them too. The only thing I don't like about the OEMs are that they don't stick out at all. They are flush with the rocker panel, so no use as a step, and they don't protect against parking lot carnage (door dings).

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am looking for sliders that can have a step attacked to them like the toyota oem ones, i just dont like how the oem sliders are soo close to the car. I am mainly worried about this so my family wont have a hard time getting in the truck, ofcourse during offroading I plan to take the steps off.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
I'm sure you can have steps made to fit the Demellos. Its just two bends and a clamping mechanism.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The ones that stick out the most are the Trail Gear sliders. They get bagged on a bit as a result, but they've held up well for me, they're very reasonably priced, and shipping is $25 or so.

http://www.trail-gear.com/cruiser.html

I'm not familiar with the steps. If it is a piece that is metal, and designed to sit on a round tube, see if you can tell what diameter tube it needs to be. If they are metal, they could be welded up to a new tube of the same diameter. If it is a different diameter, then some extra work might be needed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm only 5'2" and I have the Demello sliders, they stick out enough to use as "step" to get in.

...btw Dave, if you want my running boards you can have them. They were beat to hell in Moab, but they are yours if you want them. ;D

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have the demello sliders and i never use them as a step ;) but they are the best damn sliders out there hands down!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thanks Lisa....Jason gave me a set he had in his shop, but I can't have both the running boards and the sliders on at the same time....and the sliders aren't coming off any time soon :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I found the solution. Got some black 3M gripper tape that actually comes in the correct 8" lengths, corners nicely rounded and all. It is impossible to slip your foot off the slider now. Really great. They have not peeled and you could pour oil all over the sliders and you would still not slide off.

A little oil gets on the sliders when Dominic and I grease each other down

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Air2air said:
I found the solution. Got some black 3M gripper tape that actually comes in the correct 8" lengths, corners nicely rounded and all. It is impossible to slip your foot off the slider now. Really great. They have not peeled and you could pour oil all over the sliders and you would still not slide off.

:eek:

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Air2air said:

The visual I now have will haunt me for a life time.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
busta3396 said:
My bad for starting this topic, i should have expected this type of behavior :p
Sorry, there should be a sticky on the top of this forum anytime the word Tube is mentioned in a post esp. in the title it gets Todd (air2air) all worked up. I knew he was born and raised in down town San Francisco but I thought he left that "life style" behind. I guess what they say is true you can take the Todd out of the San Francisco but you can't take the San Francisco out of Todd. No offense to anyone here from San Francisco or is a "San Franisicoian".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts