FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a feeler sale...someone talk me out of it. :D

Picked up a set of slightly used Donahoes a few months back. Previous owner states he had it on for just a few months and a few thousand miles. I bought it with the intention of doing the Icon remote reservoir and extended travel rebuild, and have been sitting on them since. Now that they are finally ready to accept them for rebuild, I'm having second thoughts. The price is exactly as I expected...~$500 for the rebuild, $400 for the Light Racing UCAs. BUT, not shelling out the $$ for this, and dumping the Hoe's would be a $1500+ swing that would certainly pair nicely with the purchase of some beaten down stocks. ;)

After a few months to breathe, as far as not really modifying the FJ, I began to reflect on how large a money pit this truck has begun. I usually go full bore with all my hobbies, but this has just been insane...I'm sure many of you guys can empathize. That said, the OMEs I'm currently running are sufficient enough for my uses, so I'm contemplating selling the Hoe's for essentially what I paid for them...$650.

Lucrum's swingout may be on sell as well, if/when it arrives. But, that's a discussion for another day.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
wow..500 for a rebuild?? oh nvm..im retarded didnt read the reservoirs part haha good luck with sale...bump!

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
GTKrockeTT said:
This a feeler sale...someone talk me out of it. :D

Picked up a set of slightly used Donahoes a few months back. Previous owner states he had it on for just a few months and a few thousand miles. I bought it with the intention of doing the Icon remote reservoir and extended travel rebuild, and have been sitting on them since. Now that they are finally ready to accept them for rebuild, I'm having second thoughts. The price is exactly as I expected...~$500 for the rebuild, $400 for the Light Racing UCAs. BUT, not shelling out the $$ for this, and dumping the Hoe's would be a $1500+ swing that would certainly pair nicely with the purchase of some beaten down stocks. ;)

After a few months to breathe, as far as not really modifying the FJ, I began to reflect on how large a money pit this truck has begun. I usually go full bore with all my hobbies, but this has just been insane...I'm sure many of you guys can empathize. That said, the OMEs I'm currently running are sufficient enough for my uses, so I'm contemplating selling the Hoe's for essentially what I paid for them...$650.

Lucrum's swingout may be on sell as well, if/when it arrives. But, that's a discussion for another day.

damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit.. $500 for rebuild!? damnit damnit!

The lucrum will never come :D :D

And yeah i can totally agree with you that this is a money pit. Cars are sooooo much cheaper than this thing :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
DominicG said:
The lucrum will never come :D :D
Oh man, don't even say that :( :(

The only reason I havn't been stressing about the delay is I havn't been healthy enough to install or use it anyway. But now that I am feeling better, I check for an update every day ???

At least I am pretty sure I will get it before AllPro even released theirs

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fjamming said:
Doug, I have to applaud you for self control and patience. :)
if i had self control, i wouldn't have bought the coilovers or the swingout. ;)

or, the trailer. ;D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Well, there you go. First step in your rehab. Recognizing you have a problem. ;D

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Damn, i just bought the Toytec coilover spirings for my Bilsteins. $259 more and i could have gotten these.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
2nd step is facing your problem and confronting it. You need to go cold turkey, so hand over the keys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts