FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
i like seeing the spare but the cover you put there does make it look cleaner. its just cause i'm so used to seeing it WITH the spare....i'm sure it does help with MPG's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
what did you do with you backup camera? Is it still behind that?
I left the camera off. I don,t find it very useful, I think the sensor's are more effective. IMO I believe the camera gives you a false since of judgement while backing. But I can still use it, it will mount to the gray cover perfectly.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I left the camera off. I don,t find it very useful, I think the sensor's are more effective. IMO I believe the camera gives you a false since of judgement while backing. But I can still use it, it will mount to the gray cover perfectly.
Obvisously my 07 doesn`t have a camera but I do live by the backup sensors. I always back into my parking spots.

·
Forum Horse
2,311 Posts
backup sensors suck! it would be nice to have a camera the sensors dont always see everything that behind you if its to low or if its just off to the side aka the sensors have blind spots always use my mirrors

still seems strange but to each his own man

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ahh, yeah not that big a deal then.
No disrespect my brother! But I bought my Fj and joined this Awesome Club to be part of this Off-Road Band of ? Hmmmm? How do I say this without offending my Family in here?:eek:ut:hmmmm:hungry::eek:ut::rofl: Some people do and other people are like Dave, with his Mall Crawling speed bump jumping Ojedax:rofl:!!! But all kidding assside I would get it color matched iceburg! White would hide the whole missing tire or center cover thang right?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was feeling like I needed to Mod something today,
So I decided to Delete the spare tire. This was on my list since I bought the FJ. As far as not having a spare tire, I am use to not having one in My M3 Or 997, And I have AAA, Air compressor and Rubber plug kit, So Adios Spare Tire.
Look's great it's nice to see people change it up! Great Mod:goodpost:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'd like to see a roof top spare tire and a custom jerrycan/hi-lift/ shovel mounted to the back

21 - 34 of 34 Posts