FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was feeling like I needed to Mod something today,
So I decided to Delete the spare tire. This was on my list since I bought the FJ. As far as not having a spare tire, I am use to not having one in My M3 Or 997, And I have AAA, Air compressor and Rubber plug kit, So Adios Spare Tire.

Attachments

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts
I think it would look better with the plastic cover off

·
Super Whore
3,510 Posts
No offense, it kind of looks like u took off the male part of the truck?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think it would look better with the plastic cover off
I thought that at first, but I took a few pictures at different angles and decided against it.
Plus I had to cover the other bolts, The Wire for the back up camera and the hump thats on the door. I believe this is the best option, Plus the rear door is noticably lighter, my field of vision is better, And I really think the truck looks cleaner without the Spare.
I know it's hard for some to go without a spare, But I ran 4years without A spare on my H2 Trk and only had to remove a few nails, But never lost air completely. The only time I consider carrying the Spare is on long trips, Like vegas. Other than that I have become quite accustom to not having a Spare on any of my Vehicles. Plus A 80 LB Diet is start in the right direction.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
It looks real clean i`m just not used to seeing the FJ without a tire. FJ`s look like hell without the tire but that silver cover from the 2010 makes it look better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kinda like it, cept for the fact of not having a spare.
Yeah, I thought about that when I Noticed most of my German Imports had no Spare, But 15yrs later I've gotten use to it.
Plus I don't off road, And for those that do, That might be a concern.
But you can always carry it in side if you needed to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks real clean i`m just not used to seeing the FJ without a tire. FJ`s look like hell without the tire but that silver cover from the 2010 makes it look better.
Thank you. And thats exactly why I used the Gray cover. I thought it would add a OEM look by using it, And add some Visual Effect for the missing Spare.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I also think it needs the spare, well looks better w the spare. Hey if u like it like that, then that's what matters. Nice easy clean mod

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know people don't mind wheeling with no spare but I have sliced sidewalls beyond repair. I will always have a spare and I have AAA also.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
When i was living off of pennies and robbing hobo's for gas money i ditched the spare for a while and everything else... Didn't look as good :rofl:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Looks kind of cool, actually. What is that cover that you used?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts