FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arien and I, after 2 days, finally got my 1965 Mustang running again! YAHOO!! It was SO GREAT hearing that V8 rumble to life again after almost a year. So, tomorrow I will be spending some time at the Main Street Garden Grove car show. I've missed my baby!!!! I still have some cosmetic stuff to do, but the major stuff is done. Oh man, I'm so stoked! Thank you SO MUCH Arien!

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
Wheres the car show? i may have nothing to do tomorrow if i take care of some BS earlier on in the day..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's right off the 22 freeway and Euclid in Garden Grove. The corner of Main St and Garden Grove Blvd. Love to see ya there!!

It starts at 4 PM and goes to 8 PM. The Azteca is a very good Mexican restaurant.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
nicely done dave, looks soooo clean...love the old school, what is the white car next to the stang?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sang....it WAS a 1976 Mustang II coupe with a V6 and C-4 transmission. I sold it to a Marine who restored it when he got back from the sand box.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahaha...thanks Mike!

I'll be getting the Stang cleaned up and I will be at the Main St. GG car show today from about 3 pm (to get in line - the show starts at 4) to close (about 8 PM). If anyone wants to come down and enjoy some good food and awesome hot rods/muscle cars, then I'll see ya there!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Looking good Dave! What still needs to be done to her?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Hanz....Azteca! YUMMEH!!!!!

Josh - she still needs a complete interior freshening-up (paint the metal, new dyna mat and carpet), I wanna get 3 point seat belts installed instead of the lap belts it currently has, new headliner and the rear end needs a complete new one. Right now it has a 2.90:1 open diff rear (factory gear set), and I want 3:25 limited slip. I already have new shocks, springs, shackles and bushings for the rear suspension, just gotta put it all in.

I'm working with a Blew Room forum vendor for the stereo...he has expressed interest in sponsoring the Mustang, so if that happens, the audio system will be awesome for a 65 Mustang! Nothing like the show cars at SEMA, but a nice Alpine head unit, a small sub in the trunk, decent speakers, and a custom console built to put the head unit and some mechanical gauges in.

The paint is a 10 footer right now, and I'd like to get it show quality, but that's not going to be until the car is completely done. When I restore or modify my old Mustangs, I do every mechanical and interior thing first, and the paint last.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sounds like you still got plenty to do on it. :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I do....and I forgot that I still have to upgrade the brakes from 4 wheel drum (manual brakes) to power disc brakes. That is the next thing I buy for the Mustang....it'll go REALLY fast, but now I need it to stop :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
4 wheel drum brakes are scary. Abotu 10 years ago one of my buddys had a 63 Chevy nova with 4 wheel drums and when it rain the thing wouldn't stop or just one corner would. It was always an adventure driving that thing in the rain. :D :D

So ya put some disks on it asap.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
i remember driving my buddies 66 mustang with drum brakes, i pushed the brake pedal and it took forever to stop haha scared the hell out of me

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I go SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW on the streets! I can't wait to get the disc brakes, but they cost MONAH...something I have none of :-[

But guess what?!?!?!

I took home the BEST FORD trophy at the show tonight! WOO HOO!!!!! Thanks again Arien!! I had a great night tonight.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Drum brakes work fine on my dirt bike, but hey it only weighs like 275 pounds. So did you rebuild the motor on that? Looks awsome.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts