FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone around orange county help me out with cutting my bandi mount so that it fits with my manik tail light guards... any help would be much appreciated. i really need my cb antenna mounted before my next run...

scott

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot piper for your offer... my next run is mojave trail with you guys... seems like i'll be able to make it on that run... so i'm in no rush to get it to work... i still need to order all the parts for the cb(midland)... i'll be ordering all the parts this weekend online. i think i need antenna, bandi mount, spring, quick disconnect, and wire. any recommendation for these items??

scott

·
Registered
102 Posts
You are correct on the parts needed, as for suggestions for the parts, look up the bil bill combo and check out what comes with that. That should give you a good idea of what is needed and part numbers.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I got all the tools and grinders to do the job. I had to do this to mine to make it fit. You'll just need to repaint it. I can help.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks a lot acetechno for your help also... i guess i will have to go out and buy all the parts online this weekend... i was afraid of buying the bandi mount and not being able to use it because of the manik tail guards... also i'll be adding the 12v outlet via fjdave's manual... wish me luck... also where does everyone mount the midland cb... on my last outing velcro didn't cut it... haha

scott

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I just plug mine in and set it on the center console while wheeling. It really doesn't move around all that much. Also, to help you hear it, get an AUX cable to plug into your Midland CB and plug the other end into the AUX input for your head unit (if you have the stock head unit). That way you can hear the CB thru your radio. Just leave the volume down on the CB and turn up the radio volume.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do i need a wilson disconnect and wilson coax cable for a wilson antenna?? or can i just buy the firestick one from the big bill combo??

in my cart =

bandi mount
wilson flex 4foot antenna
18' Firestik Firering Coax with Antenna Stud
Firestik K1A Quick Disconnect
( i dont need a spring)

does this look right??

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
you need:

18 ft coax cable. does not need to be any brand but you need 2 connectors, either already attached to the cable or new in a package ready to attach. Most cables you see on the CB web sites will have the connectors pre-attached. having the connector pre attached makes the cable more difficult to route through the vehicle but saves in time and frustration of attaching the connector for the novice installer.

you need a spring unless you are running the Wilson Flex antenna.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I also suggest a quick disconnect. This will help you get the antenna off fast for those underground garages and parking structures.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I need to get a new spring and quick disconnect. I broke my "heavy" spring when tucking my antenna into the rack. It finally broke while driving on the street, I looked back and it was gone. Luckily it was still connected to the back by the ground wire (Wilson).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts