FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a shop in the HB area to install my Bilstien 5100's that Santa is bringing me?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's a bit too far. I'm not really wanting to sit and wait while the work gets done. Thanks, though.

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Check with your local tire shop. They have all the tools and can do your alignment at the same time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! I just got a price for having this done. $325! It looks like I am going to have to wait a while.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
What springs are you using?

If you have a tire shop near by, you can have them swap the springs/mount them to the 5100's, and then the rest of the install is free if you do it.

It's amazing how easy the install is as long you have some wrenches and a big hammer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am using the stock springs. Can I get the spring shock assy. out without using my compressors? Mine are too big to get in while still on the car.
On my Land Rover, I had to get the spring out first.

·
Banned
3,370 Posts
The shock and spring come out as one.

If you have your own spring compressor, you could do this on your own. Compress the springs on the shock, then unbolt the top plate, slip the spring off. Insert 5100 into the spring, bolt the top plate back on, then decompress the spring.

It's very simple, even simpler with one of the write up's on the blue room.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My compressors are too big to get in with the assy. on the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up at Dependable Off Road. They didn't get to the alignment so I went to Allen Tire to get it done and left with a new set of tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts