FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was woundering if anyone knows about the gates being opened yet? I want to do a trip up this week ;D With the weather being so nice I can't imagine there's still snow up there ??? Anyone down to head up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
butchie2srf said:
I was woundering if anyone knows about the gates being opened yet? I want to do a trip up this week ;D With the weather being so nice I can't imagine there's still snow up there ??? Anyone down to head up?
I was up there today (Tuesday Jan 6th) and they were closed.
An SCE worker was opening them to work up on the mountain but didn't know why they had been closed.
My guess fire damage+heavy rains=unsafe road.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sweet. Thanks for the camera link. Never knew they had a CCTV uplink for that. More than likely they may have internet there or a microwave up link. Either way that's gonna get hacked. ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I forgot to mention.....
While talking with the SCE guy he told me that he usually uses the Corona entrance to go up Saddleback, says the roads are better, less rutted.
I was not aware of a Corona entrance, does anyone know how to access this road?
I'm sure I could do some research and find it but thought I would throw it out there.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cereso2 said:
I forgot to mention.....
While talking with the SCE guy he told me that he usually uses the Corona entrance to go up Saddleback, says the roads are better, less rutted.
I was not aware of a Corona entrance, does anyone know how to access this road?
I'm sure I could do some research and find it but thought I would throw it out there.
I've herd that its Coral Canyon off the 91. I found this on the Dirttopia website.
Here is the link that shows the map.
http://www.dirtopia.com/w/images/c/c4/ClevelandNationalForest.gif

Lets get these gates OPEN!!!! ;D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just to let you guys know maple springs is open, not sure if you can get to santiago peak but it sounded like someone did on advrider.com, anyway here is the official post. I will be out at maple tommorow morning on my yamaha xt 350 dirtbike.

As of 1300 on Jan15,2009 these roads are open for public travel, Bedford,Maple Springs and also Beeks towards Bedford trucktrail. County gate at the bottom of skyline is still remains locked. Gate at Main divide @ maple springs at top will remain lock and only for user access due to the remaining snow below Santiago Pk. Indian still has debri on road so it will remain lock until cleared. Any questions please call Jake rec-2 acting district ranger.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Francisco Romero (Frank/Frenchie)
Fire Prevention Officer PT- 21
Trabuco Ranger District
Cleveland National Forest
email: [email protected]
(951)736-1811x3274 office (951)736-3002 fax

have fun!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is great news.......;D Thanks busta3396 for the up date ! I think I'll head up there tomorrow too ;D The views are going to be fantastic !!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
So the Silverado gate in Orange is still closed? Dang, that would have been a fun little run today if it was open...

·
Registered
402 Posts
MudLovingFJ said:
So the Silverado gate in Orange is still closed? Dang, that would have been a fun little run today if it was open...
maple springs is open, which is at the end of silverado canyon, is that what you mean by silverado gate? Anyway I just got back from dirtbiking, went from maple to beeks place and had a blast, roads seems to be in decent shape, just watch out for the barrage of mountain bikers, jesus there were tons up there today. Still some snow on the backside of modjeska, just patches.

I saw a nice grey fj cruiser with a hi lift on the roof and a brushguard on my way out of silverado, might have been one of you guys iono,

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MudLovingFJ said:
I was out by your place today at Irvine Park with a bunch of classic Mustangs. I thought you were on the Mojave run, or I'd have called you....sorry!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
busta3396 said:
maple springs is open, which is at the end of silverado canyon, is that what you mean by silverado gate? Anyway I just got back from dirtbiking, went from maple to beeks place and had a blast, roads seems to be in decent shape, just watch out for the barrage of mountain bikers, jesus there were tons up there today. Still some snow on the backside of modjeska, just patches.

I saw a nice grey fj cruiser with a hi lift on the roof and a brushguard on my way out of silverado, might have been one of you guys iono,
I live closest to the Orange gate off of Silverado Canyon Road. Its a shame that its still closed :(

FJDave said:
I was out by your place today at Irvine Park with a bunch of classic Mustangs. I thought you were on the Mojave run, or I'd have called you....sorry!!
Oh no worries, Dave. Maybe next time :) BTW, I got my new toy today ;D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MudLovingFJ said:
Oh no worries, Dave. Maybe next time :) BTW, I got my new toy today ;D
NICE!! I bet you can't wait to go play with it!!! That's how I am with new toys of that type. Take it apart, put it back together, get familiar with loading/tactical loading, etc. Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heading out to Maple Springs in a bit ;D Gotta get and enjoy this weather!! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

·
Registered
944 Posts
FJDave said:
NICE!! I bet you can't wait to go play with it!!! That's how I am with new toys of that type. Take it apart, put it back together, get familiar with loading/tactical loading, etc. Congrats!!
I think I might go to the range today, but maybe.... I've already had it apart and put back together 5 times haha

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Maple springs road gate is open. My wife and I were driving around up there all day yesterday. santiago peak was closed and believe it or not there are still traces of snow and ice up there. I didn`t think that would be possible but it was there.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had a blast yesterday ;D The weather was great and the views.....oh the views!! :eek: The top is still closed......:mad:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts