FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried this stuff yesterdayand it worked out great so far. My FJ is 6 years old w fading plastic pieces. I don't have any before and after pics because I was so excited to get it on.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Cool idea. I was just looking at the faded plastic on my wifes corolla and was wondering what would clean it up.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I was looking at my roof rack today and thought it could use a coat of the car wash slime. Give it back its luster. I'll look for this stuff at the store for home jobs. Thanks.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I repainted my rack when I had it off the truck with rustoleum texture black paint and man did it turn out nice. Its not fading like the usual regular black paint that I used to use

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear it's better just to paint the roof rack black. Mine is fading so much on the crossbars that the aluminum is showing. For plastic stuff ultima works great but is very expensive and somewhat greasy feeling (try not to get it on painted surfaces). When my plastic begins to fade again, I will do a write up on ultima. The amount I did use was very minimal (I don't plan on buying any more any time soon).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts