FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my tail light and bought spyder with led and it will not fit in hole for cruise.
New light has a. Control board that prevents it from going in. Can someone explain what im doing wrong. According to spyder it fits my cruiser

·
Registered
857 Posts
You are not doing anything wrong - you have a part not designed for your FJ.

The 2012+ FJ Cruiser uses a factory LED taillight assembly and driver board, and there are currently NO aftermarket lights that will replace them. You must use factory lights at this time. (DO NOT splice wires to try and make it work - you may learn an expensive lesson if you do :wink: )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife called spyder and asked about my problem with it fitting She was told my joe there was no box on light that would cause it not to fit. And told her to send pics which she did when we recieved nothing three days latter she called back and talked to ralph who told her it takes three days to check email she was just gonna have to be patient and wait. I then recieved a text from a upset spouse and i made a call myself and talked to ray and after i explained the problem he looked it up and said we recieved two emails with pics of that problem and told me to take a screwdriver and pry it off because it was two sided tape holding it on. Problem solved. They fit and look great. Thanks ray for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts