FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know how to remove the inside panels for the rear (half) doors? any help/advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
I haven`t looked but they probly " Pop off " I don`t remember seeing and screws or bolts holding it on. I could be wrong.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
someone removed the instructions from the blue room but this is what i found:

Screw in pocket, remove. Use flat screw driver to push sliding clip off of door handle (watch for flying clip cover with other hand) remove handle straight off.
There may be one more screw along side. With rear door closed (must be closed to operate seat belt) pull out seat belt and tape/secure belt to stay pulled out, removed lower cover (snaps off) remove bolt. Pull from back and bottom up, same clips used on front door.

For upper section remove screws along lower edge and push style clips along top, pull from side same style clips as below.

i have not tried this but will update the instructions when i do

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Yeah keep us updated. Why are you taking them off for anyway? Is there a mod we could all be doing with these doors???

·
Registered
336 Posts
they are screwed and clipped in from the inside. you have to completely remove the door panel and unscrew from the inside. i removed mine to change the color and then cover with a carbon fiber vinyl. looks awesome:rofl:

·
Registered
1 Posts
someone removed the instructions from the blue room but this is what i found:

Use flat screw driver to push sliding clip off of door handle (watch for flying clip cover with other hand) remove handle straight off.
Yes, exactly the part I can't seem to figure out!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Yeah keep us updated. Why are you taking them off for anyway? Is there a mod we could all be doing with these doors???
ditto I have two dents I could push out on those doors if I was not so lazy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts