FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have the squeaky part number, I took the plastic thing off and it broke before I could lube it and re install or have an extra?

I also have the door rattle and it drives me nuts! any fix for it?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post pictures tonight

And foo Im sure yall don't wanna hear my music when I key in on the cb when I wheel with you guys

·
Registered
587 Posts
Theres something in my rear cargo area that squeaks like a mother. I had someone climb back there while I was driving and it was in the side panel in the fender area. No clue what it is. I always thought it was from the heavy spare rubbing on the bumper. I just roll down the windows to overpower the sound.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like the dash rattle in my 98 tacoma? How bout the doors rattling? That ones very annoying

·
Registered
543 Posts
ive got the same rattling sound in the back cargo area, i took apart the entire plastics and cleaned and lubed everything back there and it still rattles - so then i thought it might be inside the body so i took off the rear bumper and lubed and cleaned everything - lol took a long time but still no luck.
so then i just sprayed the hell out of the latch on the rear cargo door and the rattle stopped - this started happening ever since i got my new tires and the spare - super heavy e rated 34s...so im pretty sure the weight of the tire and the repeated offroading just caused some wear and tear on the latch (locking mechanism thing)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My new 2010 (completely stock) developed a squeak in the passenger side rear after a little offroading the other day with the guys on holy jim. The squeak revealed it's ugly sound towards the end of the run and proceeded to make noise on the drive home, simply from driving granny style on the street. The noise went away after a few drives later. Weird...

·
Registered
904 Posts
After 2yrs, 9mos, 47K miles I finally did something about the squeak. I put a layer of electrical tape on the latch, and the two layers on the metal piece below it. The door closed snug. I drove around for today and its silent. And then my blood pressure went down a few points. I may be speaking too early, but go for it. Its easy.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Haha... I know the feeling. I was getting the squeak from the back door with the tire. Was driving me crazy. Wife drove around with me in the back trying to find the squeak.

A bit of duct tape around the latch snugs everything up.... No squeak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine started out squeaking once in a while then all the time same place rear passenger side . my seats are down most of the time so i dont think its the seat latch. I had my tire off for a while and it seemed to stop so i checked the tire and the plastic cover over the lug nuts has felt on the tips, so i thought those were wearing off and i put a dab of hot glue on each one and figured I had found it, but no luck as soon as i put the tire back on it still squeaked, going to look towards the latch next. I cant take it!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine usually squeaks after off-roading. I clean the latch and lube it with silicone spray and this takes care of squeak. Silicone spray lube doesn’t attract dirt and dust like wd40 does.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts