FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
Joined
·
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to surprise the family with something cool for Christmas. I was thinking of getting a cabin in mammoth for a week or Disneyland mabey, But I'm trying to find a decently priced family cruise. Anybody ever taken one and have recommendations? I'm looking for reasonable priced one but not stripped down. And also Your recommendations on destinations as well as your experiences with cruise lines. Mahalo!



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,397 Posts
I did a 7 or 8 day Mexican Riviera Carnival cruise about 4 or 5 years ago. Leaves from Long Beach and takes you to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. Fun family cruise and I think the prices are pretty fair. Check out Carnival's site.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
Most misleading title of a thread ever. I thought this was about a singles cruise with a happy ending, or at least six months at sea with the navy. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
i did the mexican riviera cruise some years back as well. nice cruise but with small children i dont know. have you tried pricing the disney cruises? for even a little bit more in price it may be more fitted to your family needs as far as entertainment, etc.
there are also "all inclusive" vacations to islands that are "family friendly".
my vote would be for the disney cruise, all inclusive family vacations or a week at disney. (maybe fly to disneyworld in florida)....but plane tickets will kill ya. lets stick with disneyland.
you can do 3 days at disneyland/california adventure, go to knotts berry farm, see the jousting show at midevil times..........all in the same area and the family will love it. you can eat breakfast with the disney characters, etc.
fun fun fun :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,599 Posts
BoBoNel said:
i did the mexican riviera cruise some years back as well. nice cruise but with small children i dont know. have you tried pricing the disney cruises? for even a little bit more in price it may be more fitted to your family needs as far as entertainment, etc.
there are also "all inclusive" vacations to islands that are "family friendly".
my vote would be for the disney cruise, all inclusive family vacations or a week at disney. (maybe fly to disneyworld in florida)....but plane tickets will kill ya. lets stick with disneyland.
you can do 3 days at disneyland/california adventure, go to knotts berry farm, see the jousting show at midevil times..........all in the same area and the family will love it. you can eat breakfast with the disney characters, etc.
fun fun fun :)
he mentioned, "reasonable priced." ;D

the cruise alone may not be that much more than going down to mexico, but the airfare for the entire family is going to be $$$.
 

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Isn't there air travel available through the Navy at a reduced price? Can you like throw the family on a C-130, change over 10 times for like 20 bucks per person? That would be economical! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
GTKrockeTT said:
he mentioned, "reasonable priced." ;D

the cruise alone may not be that much more than going down to mexico, but the airfare for the entire family is going to be $$$.
yeah...thats why i switched my idea to disneyland, knottsberry farm, etc....local, much cheaper, etc....
air travel is not cheap right now so florida is probably out for sure. i just looked for tickets to NY for the holidays..not gonna happen!
BUT...that said...with the economy in the dumps right now....lots of places are offering super good package deals right now to get the business.
guess it all depends on the budget.
i have no money in my budget...i'm staying in san diego for the holidays. :)
 

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
Joined
·
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I definitly would be departing from San diego or long beach. No flying. I wish we could get out to florida. They got awesome discounted packages for disney and the Mil even has their own hotel there called shades of green for hella cheap, But 4 plane tickets, nope, aint hapnin. that schidt would cost me 4 g's alone. lol. Disney kinda sucks here. too small. Mabey this will be a next year thing. I really wish there was snow in big bear. Mammoth is way too far.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,260 Posts

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
FunJunkie said:
I definitly would be departing from San diego or long beach. No flying. I wish we could get out to florida. They got awesome discounted packages for disney and the Mil even has their own hotel there called shades of green for hella cheap, But 4 plane tickets, nope, aint hapnin. that schidt would cost me 4 g's alone. lol. Disney kinda sucks here. too small. Mabey this will be a next year thing. I really wish there was snow in big bear. Mammoth is way too far.
Huh? Wish there was snow in Big Bear? There will probably be snow starting this weekend in Big Bear and there will be some through Feb 2009. I will be in Big Bear tomorrow and will take pics of me wheeling in it ;) Click the link in my sig to see the snow in Big Bear that I broke the FJ in two weeks after I bought it in Feb 08.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Cruise lines are definately discounting prices right now, you can get suites for what you used to pay for an inside cabin. BUT, do not forget that the price you pay does not include shore excursions, many activities on board, tips and alcohol. These can double the price of the trip if you are not careful.
 

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Were you thinking about being away during Christmas or just going to let them know at Christmas that you have arranged something for later?
 

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
Joined
·
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
NOT a moderator!
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
I'll try and see if there is some historical info on that time for Big Bear snow levels. We'll meet you up there for some snow wheelin if you do go then ;D
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top