FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
performance with 35" tires

Haha I hear ya, I'm kind of in same boat especially with the 8 rear being mine is an 07. Thought about changing rear end to newer 8.2 before regearing but at that price point you can go get a rock jock 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Haha I hear ya, I'm kind of in same boat especially with the 8 rear being mine is an 07. Thought about changing rear end to newer 8.2 before regearing but at that price point you can go get a rock jock 60.

Bet you can find one at a junk yard for less than a pretty RJ. Hell you could do a Hi9 with a diamond or ruffstuff for less than the gold plated Currie stuff.

Bobby was yours a manual? I don't see how you can say 33's were great with an auto and some steel skids etc..

It was an auto and it was fine relative to how the POS drove with anything larger. No real loss in power, maybe a different feel in shift points. But I could still stomp on it and make it up hills without downshifting to 3rd.
And I don't bring up the cruise control cause that **** sucks from day one

·
Registered
716 Posts
Bobby was yours a manual? I don't see how you can say 33's were great with an auto and some steel skids etc..

My truck has full BudBuilts incl the beefy gas tank skid, Trailworx bumper and Warn 10k winch. I think what's really killing you is your unsprung weight. Those MTR's on steelies are heavy.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Bobby- yeah I've been waiting for fj's to age so they are in the junk yards vs dismantlers which charge too much. I am use to truck and jeep axles at junk yard prices, like couple hundred max vs 1 to 2k at "dismantlers" haha

DR- probably a lot of weight too but that's the price you pay to play.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts