FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I broke a hose off (the plastic connector where it fits onto the engine) it is located right beside either the #4 or # six coil. I think it is the vacuum hose. I think I fixed it by using that jb weld putty. Anyways about a year later, that same coil went bad again! And like before since I didn’t have a wrench extension I broke it off again. I drove it that way for almost a year. Enough time for me to forget about it. When I tried to get my fj inspected they gave me a list of potential problems, telling me I also had a bad cat converter, which I replaced, along w the gas cap. Then I remembered this issue. Since it won’t pass emissions test I think that hopefully this is the reason why. If it is a vacuum hose for the gas vapors etc that would prevent it from passing emissions, right? And if I put more putty around it and aligned it up keeping the putty from blocking any air/vapor flow, that would solve any issues related to me breaking off that hose right?! That hose being broken off would be enough in and of itself would be enough to fail the emissions test wouldn’t it?! Seeing how a bad gas cap can be I’d think that that could. Does anybody know what the cost would be to fix it properly? That jb weld putty forms a hard shell around it bonding it in place great btw! It took me turning my sock wrench w a lot of torque behind it to break it off again. Also, does anybody have any other cheap d I y tricks to fix the problem myself?! I’m dirt poor right now;having to borrow $ for the inspection and tag. Plus I’ll need to change my break pads, the fj shimmies some when I press on the breaks when I’m on the highway, and even a little bit when it’ll traveling 40-45 mph. Finally, will fixing the hose problem add to my gas mileage?! It seems like my mpg isn’t as good as it was. I’ll attach pictures. The hose location is on drivers side by the coils.
Gas Auto part Personal protective equipment Automotive exterior Metal

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not experienced enough to answer your question. You might want to post your question the other FJ Forum. They have a lot more knowledgeable people there.

Here is the link. FJ Cruiser Forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts