FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Millen Adventures | Palm Springs to Vegas

250 miles of dirt to Las Vegas! Saturday Aug 10th

Have you ever wondered how to skip all the Vegas traffic? This trip will show you how. It is a one day trip, a very long one day trip! We will start near Palm Springs on Saturday August 10th, stop for lunch in Barstow and finish in Las Vegas. We will return home on Sunday August 11th via highway. I'll work on getting a group discount on hotels but unlike a Baja trip, hotels are not included.

The route will start us off early on Saturday morning in a sand wash near Palm Desert. From there we will climb up the backside of Big Bear popping us out onto Hwy 18. From there the route turns to Johnson Valley OHV area and into the Barstow OHV area where will stop for lunch at the infamous Slash X Cafe. After lunch we will head off for Power line rd that will skirt behind Baker and State Line into Las Vegas.

I'm so excited about Palm Springs to Las Vegas(PS2LV) because the roads are so much fun! The trip requires no prior off-road experience because the roads are 50% poorly graded, but have the opportunity to really challenge yourself as well. It would be the perfect chance to get someone ready for bigger and better trips like Baja. The pace will be relaxed, meaning we are not racing and everyone will be able to go at their own pace. I think a few people will be surprised with how well an FJ does on fast sand washes, graded roads, and even rock crawling. I feel PS2LV excites me most because it combines all three! For the history buffs, I'll be working on finding some petroglyphs for this trip also.

Below are some photos from pre-running the course last weekend:

Ecoregion Handwriting Plant Natural environment Sky

Sky Mountain Car Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Car

We will be skipping the traffic!

Sky Mountain Atmosphere Nature Cloud

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Bummer. I'm booked that weekend. Would be great to try something new with the FJ

Next time for sure.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
BTW, this would be a great run in the fall. Temps would be ideal.

Reactions: RyanMillen
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.