FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trip report is up!

Millen Adventures | Palm Springs to Las Vegas Trip Report

Long day in the desert. Everyone is headed home, and I'm continuing the adventure to Bonneville this week.

I'm thinking about doing another one of these next month. Would anyone be interested? I'm thinking Saturday September 14th.
Sky Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,493 Posts
Woah!! 70mph + damn I wouldn`t be comfortable doing that. The trip looks really cool I would just have to go at a slower pace :) I hit about 45 mph out in calico area and thats about all I felt like going.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Damn I could... I'm going to try for the Sept. run. ;)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Fellow FJ'ers If you are looking at going to Baja with Millen Adventures, this weekend excursion is the perfect starting point to what you will experience down in Baja. Saturday was simply amazing and we all had a blast! So worth it, can't wait to do it again, Thanks Ryan!!! Some more shots below taken from my high quality Samsung Phone ...lol
Sky Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Sky Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle White Automotive mirror
Product Camera accessory Plant Cameras & optics Reflex camera

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
ryan said:
often seeing speeds above 70mph. The smooth graded road was often plagued with deep wash outs, which had our full attention.

When I did that powerline rd by bike, all 6 of us where caught by surprise by Kingston Rd, right before the pass into Primm. We were moving about 70-80 when we all blew through the cross road, which included a nice berm, basically launching us over the road. SOOO lucky it's a rarely traveled mine road. None of us where watching our GPS, which had a caution marked... lulled in by miles of endless straights. There's also a cattle guard over a small blind rise on the pass that at dusk, looked like a gate... two of us came on it at the same time and both messed our pants I think... awesome times! I've wanted to do this in the FJ for a long time. Might have to plan one of these.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry for the slow response, I just got back from Bonneville. Here's my favorite pictures from the week. I highly recommend attending Speed Week if you haven't all ready.

Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle Cloud

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Woah!! 70mph + damn I wouldn`t be comfortable doing that. The trip looks really cool I would just have to go at a slower pace :) I hit about 45 mph out in calico area and thats about all I felt like going.
I only hit that kind of speed in a few places.:) I think our average mph for the day was 20mph.

I would like to do this. If you make it the following weekend in Sept. (21st) Then I would be in.
Oscar and I have a Baja trip planned that weekend. September 14th is my only weekend that month for a Vegas trip.

I learned a lot from this last trip. The next one will take a different route, so that way we're not driving for 12hrs and I want to see some new roads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.