FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts
Lol I got 21 mpg on 285s on a straight shot up to Monterey. Steady throttle at 65 and 70 depending on the speed limit. They were BFG ATs

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
All calculations are for a stock vehicle and were used for an averige of 21MPG and designed for a desired range. Not everyone with an FJ Cruiser has 285's. I'm averaging 19 on the freeway without the roof rack and coming back from Overland Expo got 25 MPG traveling about 65 MPh. With the roof rack and RTT is about 16 MPG. Friends on fb can see the pics of my scangage when im watching range. My other vehicle has a range of over 2,000 miles averaging 24 MPG.

The replacement tank and reserve are about 72-74 gal depending on how much space is lost due to the charcoal filter and the other little black box under there and will have a total once it's completed.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Here is from Mormon Lake AZ to Vegas 3 weeks ago and includes going up the strip with a Mate. It topped out at 26.2. It was close to ideal conditions, but can get 22 MPG driving from Vegas to LA. I can get close to that going back, but the mileage goes below 18 going up the Baker climb and settles down at about 20 when getting into Vegas. I keep the RTT and roof rack off now and use supreme unleaded (for arguments sake).

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Put on the RTT for the Utah trip and my mileage went down to about 15.5, but tops out at 16.7 when babying it. It would be nice to come up with a quick disconnect system for the rood rack.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Ben, we used the maxtrax several times in pismo this weekend and worked like a charm, awesome product! Ivan has some footage of us using em!

Reactions: MAXTRAX

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
one of the attachment bolts for the lower control arm to spindle backed out and bent the other bolt, leaving it impossible to take out with the tools we had, so we had to tow her home :frown:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Damit! I had to replace both my lower control arms due to the alignment bolts seizing in the collar...quite spendy. I should of gone aftermarket.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.