FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Non-Vendor Advertising

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mattmainster 
#1 · (Edited)
We have had to lock a few threads by some outstanding members due to non-vendors posting business ads in the forums. Please, before you make us moderate, ask Matt (mattmainster) or Arien (MudLovingFJ) for permission PRIOR to posting an advertisement. We hate to lock threads, but Matt and Arien aren't paying for this forum out-of-pocket so you can make a buck off their site. Thanks folks!!

*EDIT* Matt said it better below.... :biggrin:

#2 ·
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too:

Vendor and product REVIEWS are great. There is even a section for it.
Vendors coming on the forum, pretending to be members, pushing their products in every thread they start, is not acceptable.

There's a clear difference.

For any members who wish to become a supporting vendor, we are happy to have you and please stay tuned. We are working on a pricing structure and vendor advertising setup. I will contact those of you who I know are interested as soon as we are ready for this.

The SoCal forums are "member funded", meaning we've had a couple generous donations, and the rest (hosting, domains, etc...) is paid for out of my pocket.

Having an advertising free-for-all isn't the goal of this forum, and in order to keep that under control, we can't have anyone and everyone pushing their products & services.
It just becomes a mess.

Like I said, we're in the process of getting ready for supporting vendors. This will help pay to keep our site running and also keep advertising under control, and organized.

Any vendors who have started threads that have been locked, moved or deleted...
We will restore them back to normal once our vendor setup is complete and you become an "official" supporting vendor...

If you have any questions, please contact myself or MudLovingFJ

Thanks for understanding!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.