FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here --need some help--I just bought a 2007 FJ about a month ago and I love this rig--I noticed today I have a noise that sounds like it is coming from somewhere in the dash--like a fan vibration-humming sound--not continious but pretty often--does it even with the fan motor turned off--any help--Thanks

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts
Has the windshield been replaced? I have this exact same problem and after 2 years with the replaced windshield, GSFJ came to the conclusion that it was an air leak!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think windshield was replaced--it does this even sitting still--some type humming or vibration--if it did this just when fan was on I would think it was fan motor - almost sounds like something recalibrating itself-this will drive me crazy till its fixed

·
Registered
54 Posts
Some how a leaf got into the duct and was sitting on the cabin filter and rattling around when the fan was on. Didn’t figure out what it was until I changed the cabin filter. Not sure (maybe someone can clarify) if the fan runs when outside air is selected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That looks like it may be an airbox (a/c - heat - defrost) duct door servo. That is about the right place for it to be located.
When they go bad you lose that function and somtimes they run constantly trying to go where ever they are trying to move to... IE from floor to defrost OR perhaps from cool to heat (or anywhere in between - warm) OR fresh air to recirculate.

I'd put the air box through its paces and see if something doesn't work or if the noise changes or stops...

Please return and let us know what you find OR if you have already fixed it, return and tell the community what it was.
I go on these forums looking for answers and many times I find a member with my same exact question or fault... they come, they get suggestions, AND THEN they fox their car and don't return and tell us what it was. I READ ALL that crap and didn't get any answer...

So these two guys are sitting at the bar and a beautiful girl come is and sits down next to them. She orders an ice cold draft beer and asks for five olives... She puts two in her beer, two olives in her mouth and the third one she...
NO PUNCH LINE! wtf??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts