FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here --need some help--I just bought a 2007 FJ about a month ago and I love this rig--I noticed today I have a noise that sounds like it is coming from somewhere in the dash--like a fan vibration-humming sound--not continious but pretty often--does it even with the fan motor turned off--any help--Thanks

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts
Has the windshield been replaced? I have this exact same problem and after 2 years with the replaced windshield, GSFJ came to the conclusion that it was an air leak!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think windshield was replaced--it does this even sitting still--some type humming or vibration--if it did this just when fan was on I would think it was fan motor - almost sounds like something recalibrating itself-this will drive me crazy till its fixed

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had that weired buzzing (fan) sound that seems to come from under the dash storage box. It is intermittent and my frustrated solution is to turn up the stereo.

·
Santiago Peak Tour Guide
11,488 Posts
Something is always vibrating or rattling on my 07. They are just starting to show a lttle age.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you ever figured it out? My 07 just started doing this a couple months ago and I can’t seem to pinpoint it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Some how a leaf got into the duct and was sitting on the cabin filter and rattling around when the fan was on. Didn’t figure out what it was until I changed the cabin filter. Not sure (maybe someone can clarify) if the fan runs when outside air is selected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts