FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the sight* I'm Amanda, 20 y/o, USMC, got to SoCal Aug 07. Got my FJ from home, Louisiana, in June 06. Got the 4 wheel drive, only got to use it once, at home! So I am kinda (well alot) fuzzy on using it. I could really relearn, lol. But anyway, I'm up for whatever, sounds like these shindigs are pretty fun, so i am going to have to check it out.
Also, I have a star on my windshield... Damn rock hit it 2 wks after I got it! Any one know prices on a new windshield? From what I heard... it's pretty high...
I have a dent in the left rear wing, too. Think it's smart to pop it out, or replace the whole thing?
I'm looking for rain guards on the windows, too. Anyone selling, or suggestions?
Look at this, I'm brand new, and bringing up all kinds of problems... lol. Well, maybe it'll make me some fj friends*.
Thanks,
and feel free just to chat*

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
Hi and welcome! Congratulations on finding us, now get ready to use your rig for what it was intended, havin fun and wheelin' I hope to see you on the trails soon!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
welcome amanda, thank you for your service. the windshield thing is quite common from what i've read, fortunately i've yet to have the pleasure. as for the rear bumper wing, quite a few of us have swapped our rear bumpers to aftermarket ones and have the wings just lying around...myself included. if you're ever in the rosemead/san gabriel valley area, you're welcome to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy crap... i'll live with it. ha.

its cool, im getting some replies. thats awesome. anyone close to camp pen at all?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forum...! There is no thanks big enough for our guys and gals in service to our country. ;D

You'll find a great group here, as I too am new to the 4-wheel world (though not the outdoors) and find the FJ perfect for my needs (though not my wallet $).

I am in the South OC area as are many others, however the group has peeps from all over SoCal, keep an eye on the boards as trail rides and events come up often around here.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
StreetAmanda said:

its cool, im getting some replies. thats awesome. anyone close to camp pen at all?
Of the people posting so far, FunJunkie is the closest. Lot's of South OC and San Diego area people on this board.

G

·
LOTS of South OC and SD peeps here!! You will NOT have a hard time finding a trail partner with a ton of off-road experience here!! And welcome! Glad you made it. And thank you for your service in The Corp!

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
welcome. There is the main divide run on 5/25 where a bunch of us will be. only about 20-30 minute drive for you.

·
NOT a moderator!
3,224 Posts
StreetAmanda said:

If your askin if someone is close to CP to go wheelin, it dosn't matter, if there are trails near there, we will drive, we're crazy like that. BTW I'm like 45 minutes away. I was there myself in 95 for Basic and 96 for MCT then went to Camp Johnson, NC and finally to my Reserve unit 3rd ANGLICO. That was long ago though....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome!!! Told you there were some really cool and nice people in here! haha Watch out though, give'em one drink and they're talking about "clothing optional" hot tubs and stuff! haha JK Tim!!! Hope to see you around...I'm on Pendleton too, way up North in a little teeny camp called Talega!!! haha Take care and see you around!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Moeses18 said:
Welcome!!! Told you there were some really cool and nice people in here! haha Watch out though, give'em one drink and they're talking about "clothing optional" hot tubs and stuff! haha JK Tim!!! Hope to see you around...I'm on Pendleton too, way up North in a little teeny camp called Talega!!! haha Take care and see you around!
Teeny camp? I don't know if I like the sound of that! :D

hahahaha!!!! ;D ;D

·
Registered
463 Posts
FJVP said:
Teeny camp? I don't know if I like the sound of that! :D

hahahaha!!!! ;D ;D
It's a place where they keep little teeny people like you Tim!!!! Or that's what Kevin tells me! :D

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
ooorah Amanda and welcome to our SoCal FJ family.

I'm about 30 minutes north of CP, assuming there's no traffic. :)

If you have Memorial day weekend off, be sure to make the drive up to Dana Point (20 minutes north on the 5 FWY). We'll be throwing a big FJ party complete with a potluck dinner and bonfire.

The following morning (Sunday) we'll be making an easy trail run and you are welcome to join us on that as well.

Details can be found at the following...

http://socalfjcruiserforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=276.0

Thanks for all you do and again, welcome!
~Brian

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Moeses18 said:
It's a place where they keep little teeny people like you Tim!!!! Or that's what Kevin tells me! :D
Ok now that was funny....Remember Moe, don't hate the player....Hate the game!

I challange you to a curbside game of handball

Sorry for the hijack....Back to the OP

1 - 20 of 62 Posts