FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Another new product we are offering! The Daystar Adjustable Stinger Bump-Stop System (11.25" ext. x 7" col.). The Stinger Bump-Stop consists of the Standard 2" Bump-stop can design, using different densities of EVS Progressive foam inserts for fine tuning while being able to be cycled thousands of times without degrading. This is a great alternative to Nitrogen/Air Bump-stops and by design is very simple and cheap to tune/repair. We also offer a weld-on 2" bump can from daystar designed specifically for the Stinger bump-stops. Here is a link to the products on our site- https://www.fjcruiserpartswarehouse.com/FJ_Cruiser-Daystar_Suspension.html

TOM

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
They look awesome. I have a buddy whose running these. Do they have a life, or a limited number of cycles before a replacement is needed?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i read somewhere its cycle life is 5000
It will vary depending on use and set-up. I personally would not use it as the final stop, but more as progressive suspension dampener when suspension is cycling all the way "up". This would allow a measured amount of space left in the can as it hits its final stop(Preferably a hard rubber/poly stop on the frame) as to not completely compress the inserts. If your suspension maxes out on its own, without bump-stop needed, this will help with the harshness of the suspension hitting full compression. Daystar says "thousands" of cycles, and I've also seen the "5000" Number as well, so it sounds like they can take a beating.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Still not a big savings compared to hydro cans...I have ran the daystar collapsible ploy thing in our front jeep coil buckets to help with bottoming out, they were okay for the price (70 bucks a pair) but might as well get hydro cans if spending this much IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts