FJ Cruiser Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Or just pick them up local and save on the shipping. As long as their books look good normally they don't care if they're shipped or not.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Save your money, fire roads can't tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ha, not at my speeds. "My" icons ride like **** in the slow stuff, they only like going fast. Which sometimes is fun but as you know other trails are littered with rocks, washboard roads, etc. One thing that comes to mind is the progressive vs digressive hence my quest for progressive shocks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sweet! My Mom from Gilbert, AZ will be buying some Kings later this year. I guess I'll offer to pick 'em up for her! :biggrin:
I'm from Gilbert...go back a couple times a year to visit the family. So if you ever need something picked up let me know...but if it's some nice Kings I can't guarantee it will make back to you. :biggrin:

·
Registered
639 Posts
ha, not at my speeds. "My" icons ride like **** in the slow stuff, they only like going fast. Which sometimes is fun but as you know other trails are littered with rocks, washboard roads, etc. One thing that comes to mind is the progressive vs digressive hence my quest for progressive shocks.
Have ICON's on my Tacoma... Will not run them on the FJ due to the digressive valving. True, it only likes fast! Even speed bumps hurt!!... Unless you're going 50!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Being that the FJ has such short upper links, and they are at a pretty good angle. They were binding with the rest of the suspension at full bump. They would actually make the truck stuck at full bump and we would have to jack up the trailer hitch line an inch or toe than the suspension would spring back. So the solution was remove the upper links and make new trailing arms with links on then to hold the pinion angle. What we got was increased wheel travel, no more upper links to hit the gas tank and bind. And a lot more stable ride.
Did this ever get fully finished or did it end up as a fail?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Yeah at that point it's just how big you can dream haha personally I would just go back to jeep Cherokee and race jeep speed class for 1/10th the price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 118 of 118 Posts