FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
10,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Did anyone ever get video of this system in action?

-B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone ever get video of this system in action?

-B
i spend a lot of time to get it. my land cruiser with long travel wait it )

now i wait to arriving cantiliver cage.

and torsion sway bar ( 100 look like currie antiorock)

also i speak with mens from eagle. and they ready to make specific trailing arms. not as usually upper and lower arms.

·
Registered
730 Posts
So how much more rear wheel travel is this over my current Icon stage 6?

Just curious how much money you need to spend and how much you actually gaining?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
So how much more rear wheel travel is this over my current Icon stage 6?

Just curious how much money you need to spend and how much you actually gaining?
I would just get the metal tech long travel, the cantilever may give you a few more inches in flex. But will ride nice in the fast stuff too. The cantilever is around 6k if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
730 Posts
I wonder if they still on here and can answer my question.

1-anyone know what the rear wheel travel is on a icon stage 6 or similar setup? Price $2504.03 wheel travel ???

2-anyone know what the actual WT is on a rear MT LT setup? Price $1674 for 27.5" of claimed travel. Anyone actually measure it after install.

3-anyone know what the actual WT on this cantilever setup is? Price $5500.00 wheel travel??

I could measure #2 on mine but not sure how exactly I could do it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Looks like they advertise 15inches of wheel travel....and the cost is more like $7,500+ when you add in their longer rear control arms, pan hard rod, sway bar kit, plus labor to install.

FJ CRUISER

The only bonus is that the company is local if you decide to go that route.

-B

I wonder if they still on here and can answer my question.

1-anyone know what the rear wheel travel is on a icon stage 6 or similar setup? Price $2504.03 wheel travel ???

2-anyone know what the actual WT is on a rear MT LT setup? Price $1674 for 27.5" of claimed travel. Anyone actually measure it after install.

3-anyone know what the actual WT on this cantilever setup is? Price $5500.00 wheel travel??

I could measure #2 on mine but not sure how exactly I could do it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
How can it be only 15" ? and MT saying 27.5?

wish they would clear this up?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Maybe they measure from the bottom of the wheel up to the lip of the fender? LMAO! :rofl:

-B

How can it be only 15" ? and MT saying 27.5?

wish they would clear this up?

Reactions: FJJeremy

·
Registered
2 Posts
travel at 2 inch lift/ at rear

+ total chaos link kit or metaltech link kit + extended shocks= 11.5 inch
ITS max travel what can be.

Metaltech long travel kit - its real fairy tales. its give 3 lift but enlarge bumpstops. = finally it must have 11.5.

cantiliver for rear have some +

-adjusting the height
-3 bypas
-long life for shocks shafts
-its can INCREASE travel - just if it have trailing arm style arms. it can be have 15-17 inch travel ( increase compression travel and drop).

Main problem of rear shocks in typical fj lift- that nobody can make bypas shocks at oem mounts. but kings make full custom bypas oem shocks for me ( 1 year ago)

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
The rear Metaltech LT kit essentially works like a "drop bracket" lift for the rear: you're moving the range of downtravel lower but also limiting the uptravel with the huge bumpstop spacers. While you will gain way more downtravel at slow flexy conditions, when your wheel hits uptravel you're going to bottom out way sooner than normal. I believe one of the guys fixed this by adding a coil poly spacer on top of the LT rear springs but then your rear end is going to sit way high in the air.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts