FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are new to this forum, but we wanted to show a new build we are doing for our FJ. We are currently making a new option for you guys to chose from, when making a rear suspension choice. Here are some build pics and let me know what you think. We have over 6 weeks of R&D on this. We are using a king coilover, bypass, and bump stop. we are at 15" of rear wheel travel right now, but are making new lower trailing arms, and hoping to be able to get upwards of 17" of real suspension travel. Thanks a lot and enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We should be finishing up the new rear trailing arms tomorrow, than go testing this weekend. After that we will have a cost. It is kind of an extensive but relatively easy install. It does taking welding to install, and you do have to cut the factory panhard bar mount, and coilbuckets off the frame and rearend. so installation should only be done by a shop with great welding knowledge

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts
My question is does this kit provide more up travel? If so, how is that achieved without C-notching the frame? I see the more down travel with longer lower links. Just curious...

·
Registered
10,260 Posts

·
2012 Ginger of the Year
12,736 Posts
I'm aware of that. Thanks. I was trying to compare it to the MT kit that, as you know, relocated everything down. The geometry is obviously way different here, but the frame and fenders are still in the way for more up tire stuffing

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I'm aware of that. Thanks. I was trying to compare it to the MT kit that, as you know, relocated everything down. The geometry is obviously way different here, but the frame and fenders are still in the way for more up tire stuffing
Go back and look at the location of the bump stop. Obviously there is more up travel than the MT kit and more than stock.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yep picture two right hand side

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
that's a nice canti setup. I like it!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
damn thats sexy! finally a viable option for the rear setup!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We had to trim the factory plastic fender, this FJ is running 295/70/R17 tires. and we can drive it at full bump with the axle resting on the frame. will post pics when i take them later today

1 - 20 of 118 Posts