FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up an fj yesterday ;D got it mainly for snowboarding, but since i have the 4x4 functionality available to me i'm planning on having fun with off-roading at some point in time =)

just wondering if any of the veterans have tips for new owners, whether it be car care, or suggestions for brand on initial after-market parts (the exterior is pretty much a clean slate, no roof rack or bullbar, just the step rails on the sides). i was thinking of maybe getting a roof rack first (for boarding, of course) then eventually a bullbar and tail-light guards then who knows from there.

thanks, can't wait to join in all the fun!

-flipm0de23

p.s. thanks to funjunkie for the forum referral... looking forward to events in so cal

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I too got my FJ for skiing and don't regret one moment that i got the 4wd. It handles great in the snow even with the stock tires. i got the roof rack for mine and put ski racks on it. That thing howls like a banshee and sucks gas. i put my skis in the truck when ever possible and am thinking of fabbing a vertical rack attachment that goes on the spare tire. the interior and the seats dry real fast too when you get snow on them.

Fiancee, her mother, and cousin digging out the FJ. My time was better spent taking pictures and laughing at them dig. This motivated me to get AT tires. We had to dig the truck out three times during this trip. I finally had enough and took the racks off so i could squeze into the underground parking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL @ mtnkraut... nice pic. yea, i was thinking i'll end up just flipping a seat down and stacking boards inside, but i was just thinking about having more than 3 people in the car for road trips to mammoth or tahoe. i'm checking out thule and yakima gear boxes and seeing what kinds of roof racks i'll need for that stuff.

·
Registered
287 Posts
welcome... you should look into swapping tires if you plan on taking it in the snow... i got myself some MTs and i feel a lot safer...

scott

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The only advice I can offer is; drain all your bank accounts and mod it up! No body cares about how shinny your rig is. We just wanna see lift, tires, armor, bumpers, lights, etc. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts