FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me get this right? I just got a new firestik wire and antenna and I just cant seem to get my swr below 2, sometimes below 3. I hope its not my radio that is damaged. thanks

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Check the antenna connection...I had to re wire my coax to the connector to the bandi mount because the ground sucked....

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well as far as the ground goes, I scrapped off the paint on the connection area of the bandi mount. What else can I do. They problem really is I am not sure where the problem is exactly.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If you got that connector that is connected to the coax and tightened it to much, it broke the soldered connection. I had the same issue with the walcott set up that was advertised in the blue room....I ended up going to radio shack, buying a new connector, re inserted the coax and fixed my issue.... I was a tuning fool after that. Have had no issues since and it's been over a year.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I heard of that, so I made sure not to tighten it too much, Actually I think its a little loose, not sure exactly what the torque should be but I made just enough to feel solid. But I have a feeling it may be my radio, because I am getting different swrs with different radios.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in laguna hills, Nellie gail to be more specific. I am free today, tommorow before noon, later permitting I dont get called for jury duty. Westminister seems kind of far, But I guess I can make the drive, though with this rain I may try it later. Thanks for the help!

·
Deutschbag Moderator
7,394 Posts
Busta, i live in the same area as you and the drive for Steven to help is always worth it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Id love his help, I just think I am gonna wait out the rain, as far as freeway driving goes, people here are crazy when it gets wet.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
busta3396 said:
Id love his help, I just think I am gonna wait out the rain, as far as freeway driving goes, people here are crazy when it gets wet.
WORD!
I was running around all day and tryin to get home there was an accident in both directions on the 5, 15 and 805. I was stuck in Chula Juana for hours. I did find TONS of road puddles though. best wat to get around traffic is drive through the blocked off flooded areas. lolz

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts