FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this might be more directed to our San Diego people or just to whoever know really, I guess. This has nothing to do with the TV show Homeland Security that is coming out. But the idea did come from the previews. Is it legal to off road the trail along the Mexico border? I mean the ones right along the fence. Or is it just plain to dangerous to do. I know there are a lot of boarder patrol, ICE, and Homeland Security out there and all. But has anybody ever done a run like that. I have never seen a trail run for down in the south like that. I kinda think it would be fun to do. Any comments would be cool.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think the Otay Truck trail gets close to the border. IDK if it is legal or not, but I think I recall reading that those patrolling the area don't like people on the trails.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I beleive it is legal, unless specifically stated otherwise. Camino del Diablo runs along the border, and is used by border patrol, and off roaders.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
It is legal unless posted like Steve said. I've talked to border patrol down there and they actually like us being out there because they are spread thin. Our presence keeps the smugglers worried.
heres some pics from another group that went out there recently. look how close Mexico is.
these benchmarks are the only thing that separate the US and Mexico out there, this one is actually right on the trail.

this one shows a highway on the Mexico side that parallels the trail. Notice all the foot trails. wonder what goes on here at night. lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I sure as hell will NOT get out in the middle of nowhere along the Mexican border. With all the murders, executions, shootings, beheadings, etc., I do NOT want to accidentally come across something like that in progress (or witness the aftermath)!! It's just too damn dangerous.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FJDave said:
I sure as hell will NOT get out in the middle of nowhere along the Mexican border. With all the murders, executions, shootings, beheadings, etc., I do NOT want to accidentally come across something like that in progress (or witness the aftermath)!! It's just too damn dangerous.
Awh come on man. how cool would it be to have a picture of you over at LAPD HQ. There you are standing and holding a head of some dead guy by his hair with no body attached to it. And a smile on the face. ;D

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
FJDave said:

X2....!!!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Well, this sounds like a expedition run. Starting in El Paso, we travel along the border until SD

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Acetechno said:
Awh come on man. how cool would it be to have a picture of you over at LAPD HQ. There you are standing and holding a head of some dead guy by his hair with no body attached to it. And a smile on the face. ;D
First, LAPD is NOT who I work for, thank GAWD!! Second, uh, no.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My bad on the LAPD thing.

·
Ordinary Extraordinaire
8,396 Posts
FJDave said:
Ya don't have to be in the middle of nowhere, that trail is only like 15 to 20 minutes from some upscale housing areas in san diego. Basically peoples back yards!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
i've been down there a few times with ollie and frogeye....the trails are fun and it is close to the border but theres definately a police presence.....i've never been there when helicopters fly over....but it is a common occurance for heli's to do very close fly-bys to see who you are, etc.
as mentioned...lots of expensive homes and areas very close by. i dont think we'd be beheaded on this side of the border but i wouldnt be down that area at night unless i was with some folks that really really knew the trail systems well!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts