FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Moes "Scavenger"

5K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  FunJunkie 
#1 ·
Moes "Scavenger"

Well she used to be named "Sandi" but that was before she grew up and got some rails...I bought the rails used on here from bph (thanks by the way) and then I bought the used spacer lift from FJ-Ollie (thank you too). We figured that I was on here 24-7 looking for some affordable used parts to dress "Sandi" up and make her look a little tougher so that's when we came up with the name, "Scavenger" since I scavenge for parts! haha I have to thank FunJunkie for helping me out with the lift install and being patient while we waited for Ollie to show up with the parts! haha But Junkies neighbor John kept the beers coming so it was no big deal! haha Well after we got the parts it took a little longer than we had planned but had plenty of beer and John fired up the bar-b-q for us so all in all it was a great Sunday spent with new friends and fellow FJ lover FunJunkie...Thanks again Mike!!! Well I'm posting a couple pics, I know it's not much of a build-up but I figure I'll just keep updating this as we keep finding more used parts for "Scavenger" Thanks and look forward to seeing ya'll at the M&G

This is her before anything was done to her
Rail install
Driver side after
Passenger before
Passenger after

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Moes "Scavenger"

OK, here's the pics from yesterday at FunJunkies place putting the lift on her...nothing exciting so don't expect much...you've been forwarned!
Before lift

After Lift

I'm walking outside to take another profile shot so you can see the her full body, before and after...

Painted my mirrors and door handles today...didn't have too much time so I may have to re-spray them at a later date...

After

#4 ·

Thanks FJVP...I might be up there this weekend with FunJunkie...I need to have my weekend FJ fix haha May have a TRD CAI by the weekend too. Take it easy and have a good week!

#9 ·

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it. As for what's next...I'm not sure...what are you getting rid of for cheap so I can re-furbish it and make it..."new to me" haha Actually I may have the TRD CAI this weekend and the next buy will be Shoes...I like the lift but need tires with a little more aggressive tread so if anybody out there has anything they wanna let go cheap let me know. I'll give you my stock duellers too! Hope everyone had a great Monday!

#12 ·

Hey thanks Ollie...I'm taking it in for the alignment this weekend. I've read about different specs and stuff on here and was wondering if my fj should be set to the factory settings or if there are different settings that it should be set to after having the lift installed? Thanks for any info...and my girlfriend says thanks for the lift, she loves it!!! ;D

#14 ·
#17 ·

Glad the sliders worked for you Moses.

#18 ·

Moses, your rig is looking good. We almost had twins until you lifted and blacked out. Mine will be lifted soon and I am adding mods here and there. Nice bro!

#19 ·

Thanks fjc8871...I'm not done blacking it out, still gotta do the front bezel that goes around the lights and the bumper wings...I might redo the mirrors and handles...It was a quick job, my girl went wine tasting and I had a little time on my hands so I decided to do a quickie...not bad though just a couple missed spots!!
The mod is a crazy addiction thing...I can't stop looking online for parts and ideas...it's fun though and the people in here are great...I've only met a few guys but they've been great guys and am looking forward to meeting most of them on Saturday at the M&G!!!!! It's gonna be awesome...you gonna be there?

#20 ·

Moeses....I may be in the market for some new Wheels and 285's. If I go that route, I will have my wheels, tires and spacers available for sale, if you are interested.

MB Razor wheels 17 x 8.5 / 4.75" backspacing / -6mm offset with 265 70 17 BFG's and 1.25" spidertrax spacers.

#21 ·

I like what you're doing with the SCAVENGER!

#22 ·

Moe,

I believe I was parked next to your Silver FJ today at Vons in Yorba Linda around 10:30 am this morning. IT looks like yours with the blacked out mirrors and steelies it had So Cal stickers on both sides with a big " Under Construction " sticker on the back window. It had a Toyota Temecula Licence plate frame on it. Your the only one I know from here that lives in Temecula area. Oh it also had a bike rack hanging from spare tire. It also had All Pro and Dirty parts stickers on it. So is it you or is it someone else on this website I don`t know.

#23 ·

Yup...that was me! I was inside doing training for my new job, in the liquor dept...Nice!!!! I was up in cerritos all week and then had training in yorba linda and had lunch at Chevys, homemade tortillas yummy!!! Thanks for my first spotting!!!

Sanderhawk said:
Moe,

I believe I was parked next to your Silver FJ today at Vons in Yorba Linda around 10:30 am this morning. IT looks like yours with the blacked out mirrors and steelies it had So Cal stickers on both sides with a big " Under Construction " sticker on the back window. It had a Toyota Temecula Licence plate frame on it. Your the only one I know from here that lives in Temecula area. Oh it also had a bike rack hanging from spare tire. It also had All Pro and Dirty parts stickers on it. So is it you or is it someone else on this website I don`t know.

#24 ·

Moe I forgot to ask you before where did you get that tire mount bike rack and how much do they cost? I had a thule hitch mount but it wieghed a ton so I sold it. The one you have looks alot lighter. I would like to get one . Thanks Steve

#26 ·

I got the Spare Me from a local bike store here in Temecula but you can pick one up at any bike store probably.

***Make sure you check the fit...like mtnkraut said, it may not fit on your size tire. I still have stock tires so it bolted right up.***

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.